CUDA KINETIC JUNIOR BIKE brake cable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeandme

I accepted I was very silly. Now I turned the front around and only tried to fixed the front brake cable. ( All the brake cables somehow are behind the front wheel, I don't know if you understand what I am saying ) I am now a bit worried if I should release the back wheel brake cables and rewire them. I remember when I bought they were behind the front wheel. Thanks

Attachments

• 20231127_193120.jpg
    20231127_193120.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 36

classic33

Leg End Member
Can you release the cable at the lever, and move it back in front of the handlebars.
Maybe having to release the cable on the brake to get enough play.

Ajax Bay

Guru
The right hand brake cable and gear cable ought to pass in front of and below the stem. You'll find it a pain to have those above it like that.
As @classic33 says, you should be able to extract the brake cable and just reroute it. Gear cable would need to be pulled out (of outer) and then rerouted (likely different length of outer).
Also think the twist grip shifters might be better if unscrewed on bar and twisted so the cable exits further forward (but still below bar level) and also brake levers seem too high to be comfortable for the normal rider's lower arm and hand angle.
Finally you have the brake cables at zero adjustment, at the levers, which means you can only tighten (ie close on rims) and not loosen. Good practice to have 5mm showing between knurled locknut and the conical knurled bit into which the cable ferrule slots to allow adjustment both ways.

Last edited:
Top Bottom