Cup final day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
so tomorrow is the big day....who is it this year? Oh yes Pompy vs some team from the north I think...anyway...more to the point why don't we get it's a cup final knockout etc these days?

..and how many UK teams are there south of Pompey?;)

spesh

asterix said:
..and how many UK teams are there south of Pompey?;)

Championship: Plymouth
League One: Bournemouth
Conference: Torquay, Exeter, Weymouth
Conference South: Eastbourne Borough, Bognor Regis Town

I can't be bothered to trawl any further down the non-league "pyramid"...

Abitrary

Must admit, first cup final I couldn't be bothered to watch in years, and If I'm honest was a bit angry that either of those sides managed to get through.

At least a londoner, Harry Redknapp won it, which still gives the whole competition some credence.

Keith Oates

Janner
From the reports I've seen it seems to have been a close and hard fought match so the supporters will be happy. It will also make Rednapp feel good about staying at Pompey and not going after the big money, as was suggested a while back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of football fans in Waterloo station this morning, some already pissed at 10am. I didn't understand why there were so many people wearing blue and drinking Carling on the train. Apparently there was a soccer match somewhere today...

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..Yawn...I remember when a cup final meant 6 inches of mud and blood...today was dull.

Best cup final ever 1970...Chelsea v. leeds.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I remember in the good old days my uncle used to come round and drink beer with my dad in the living room, curtains drawn against the blazing sun, and at half-time we'd try to re-enact the top moments, then replay pretty much the whole match after finishing. :wacko:

Maz

Guru
Bigtallfatbloke said:
..Best cup final ever 1970...Chelsea v. leeds.
My vote would be for ManU v Arsenal (1978?). Gunners won 3-2.

Mortiroloboy

Dayvo said:
I'll cheer for Cardiff (first time I chosen anything Welsh to cheer on).
I lived in Portsmouth (Southsea) for a year, the people were/are a little, how shall I put this, odd! :biggrin:

Scummers

Mortiroloboy

Aperitif said:
I went to my Mum's earlier this morning (09:15ish), and just as I passed the Polish War Memorial (A40 in London - not a million miles from Wemberlee) there were two bedenimed, scarfed (blue?) middle-aged men standing in this nondescript place, on the pavement, partying on Stella Artois. Rows of semi-detached houses were casting an eye on these semi-detatched people.
Were they from Cardifster United up North, or Portsea Rangers?
Yours - confused of Rugbyland :biggrin:

:smile:

Made Oi larf!

Tynan

Veteran
west ham scouse surely

and not everyone at west ham revers baggy face

he stole from the club ffs

Top Bottom