Current bike too big? New bike vs new frame + component swap.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MrPorridge

MrPorridge

Hmm. Maybe I spoke too soon. Did 24 miles yesterday and arrived home with a mild pain in the right elbow that got progressively worse. Was in a lot of pain by late evening and agony overnight. Had to cancel my planned commute (even driving the car was difficult). Plenty of ibuprofen + time seems to be helping and it seems to be getting better now.
A quick bit of research suggests it might be tendon pain caused by riding too long with my elbows locked. So it might be that I'm overreaching on the longer frame?
Really sad as I'm now reluctant to use the bike again as I don't want to get that level of pain again.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hmm. Maybe I spoke too soon. Did 24 miles yesterday and arrived home with a mild pain in the right elbow that got progressively worse. Was in a lot of pain by late evening and agony overnight. Had to cancel my planned commute (even driving the car was difficult). Plenty of ibuprofen + time seems to be helping and it seems to be getting better now.
A quick bit of research suggests it might be tendon pain caused by riding too long with my elbows locked. So it might be that I'm overreaching on the longer frame?
Really sad as I'm now reluctant to use the bike again as I don't want to get that level of pain again.
Yep. A too big bike contributed to tennis elbow which needed 2 operations (one v painful) after a year of unsuccessful Physio and injections

Look up stretches for tennis elbow. Ice while it’s acute

Milkfloat

An Peanut

That could also be that you are locking your arms because your core is not strong enough to ride with bent elbows. When you can, go for another ride and see if you can ride comfortably with your elbows slightly bent. You could also post a photo side on with you on the bike and we could offer some comment.

Top Bottom