Current favorite professional is ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If there's not a Brit in the mix (excluding Cav) I do find myself rooting for Sagan.

Mrs M

Guru
image.jpeg
Tommy V
because he's a fighter and pulls the best faces :smile:

400bhp

Guru
I kind of like most riders, for different reasons at different times. It's more the particular ride that excites me.

Chaves stands out, and the Yates brothers. Stannard's ride last Sunday was superb-really would have liked to have seen him take PR.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I kind of like most riders, for different reasons at different times. It's more the particular ride that excites me.

Chaves stands out, and the Yates brothers. Stannard's ride last Sunday was superb-really would have liked to have seen him take PR.
Stannard (and Cummings) is/are a good call.

OP
OP
2IT

2IT

Everything and everyone suffers in comparisons.
I'm a fan of Kwiatkowski. Dunno why.

Of the Brits I've long been a Cav fan, but that's a bit of an obvious choice.

You are right about Michal K, Polish cyclist. He had that good TdF then topped it off with a World Championship. Nice young fellow. The only thing he did wrong this year was beat Sagan in a Spring classic. Good choice too.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Sylvain Chavanel and Geraint Thomas are both long-time favourites. Tireless workhorses for the team but also great racers in their own right. (Never been so keen on Voeckler cos he's a bit of a showpony by comparison, and a bit of a wasted talent - always felt he could have achieved more if he spent less time gurning for the camera.)

Current favourite is Taylor Phinney - a real gutsy racer with a big heart, and pretty cool off the bike too. Such a shame about his injury - could have been the new Cancellara but I worry he'll never be able to live up to his potential now. .

I'm really warming to Thibaut Pinot too, especially this season - he's starting to look like a real contender and if a bit of luck goes his way, could even be the next French Tour winner.

Luke Rowe is another who is starting to look like a rider of real quality - he's clearly from the same mould as Thomas and could yet develop into a serious force in the classics.

And not forgetting Stannard... In fact, there are loads of riders I could name who I admire and enjoy watching but I'd be here all day...

Hont

Guru
I find as age and cynicism wearies me I have more riders that I dislike than admire - but that's a separate topic. Still love Cav, for the heart on the sleeve emotions and the feeling that he is a bit special.

Top Bottom