Curry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
How do I get rid of the smell of of the curry that I warmed up in my microwave?
I love the smell but Mrs Pete is giving me grief!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
How do I get rid of the smell of of the curry that I warmed up in my microwave?
I love the smell but Mrs Pete is giving me grief!

Microwave half a lemon.......

Brandane

Legendary Member
Another curry lover here :hungry:.
Best I ever had were cooked by the Indian crew on one ship I sailed on while in the Merchant Navy in the late 70s, early 80s.. I had curry for lunch and again for dinner, most days for over 6 months. There was always a european alternative, but I just couldn't resist the curries. In fact I am off to make one now......

Cameronmu917772

Feel like having curry tonight now :smile: will check out your site for inspiration. Couldn't beleive I had to exsplane what orca was to some one yesterday. Might just cook a massive bowl of that with garlic rice on the side :smile:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I use the Curry Club Indian Cookbooks authored by Pat Chapman. Not a single recipe has let me down and they all result in authentic restaurant quality dishes even though some of the methods have been simplified.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Two things rarely seen in the same dish...
JumpingOrca.jpg

Bucket_of_raw_okra_pods.jpg

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
I love a good curry....Nothing better after you`ve had a good cycle on the Saturday afternoon to head out and get a good spicy curry with a few beers on the Saturday night..

I can make a cracking Tikka masala and a good Rogan josh

Cubist

Still wavin'
My Uncle used to make a wonderful curry, unlike anything I've had from a take-away or restaurant. It was green in colour, and had plenty of potato in it. He's half Indian so I expect he got the recipe from his mother. I friend of mine described a similar curry that his Indian grandmother always made. I've never managed to prise the recipe out of my uncle as he jovially sucks his teeth and mutters 'family secret'... although i expect it's quite a common recipe. It's not like curried potato, more like a veg stew, but green and spicy. (although on Boxing Day, it always had turkey in it)

Any idea what i'm talking about?
Sounds like saag aloo.

Top Bottom