Curry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ootini

Ootini

Great site. Have book marked it.

But, it would help if you had a little explanation about each dish before the recipe.
ie My favourite is a Pathia. But I bet not many people know how to describe a Pathia.
I've had a few comments asking for exactly that, a little into to each dish etc. It's on the hit list as soon as I get some free time.

Do you have any dairy-free recipes?! Being a lactose-intolerant one! :sad:
I have a book full of indian cooking that is on the whole dairy free (some have ghee in them, but you can get a veg ghee and others have paneer in them which I just omit or switch for tofu). I'm allergic to cow's dairy, intolerant to all other forms - and allergic as in one mouthful is a 999 call!

As a word of warning the book is rather hard to get hold of now, limited production etc and unless you love cooking from scratch it may not be suitable for you. But I have also found that speaking with people in Indian restaurants (a day in advance) is an excellent way of getting a dairy free Indian meal - so in my case vegan.

nappadang

Über Member
I've just knocked up a batch of your base gravy. It's in the freezer now but I had to sample it.
It is an excellent recipe which is tasty enough for my wife to eat as it is (Mrs Dang likes plain food) and simple enough to transform into all manner of exotic dishes. Phall is looking good.
Thanks for the link

Forts of India ( yes easily mispronounced ) just outside Malpas. Best curries and general scoff in the whole wide world.

Doseone

Guru
Love a good curry, great site, bookmarked. Love the picture under the Phall recipe!

Now, where can I get a good masala dosa for breakfast?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Love Indian food, and I'm not too bad at cooking it.
If only I could do a decent Onion Bhaji my life would be complete.

Jody

Stubborn git
Nice site by the way. I have a soft spot for hot food but haven't had much of a chance to cook much since our little one came along. I managed to make about 10 portions of base last year (30 individual curries worth) with home grown tomatoes, garlic etc. Took them to my mums to freeze and all went well until my dad unplugged the freezer and I lost the lot.

We also grow our own chillies of various types from Scotch Bonnet heat and upwards. Me and a friend managed nearly 30kg between us last year. Most of it got turned into powder (small sample below)

20140302_183514_zpse7d9ba31.jpg

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Don't know where Madhur Jaffrey's original 70s/80s [?] TV series and book recipes stand in the 'authentic-Indian-cooking' stakes but Mrs A_T did a Punjab cooking evening class about 30 years ago and the lady who gave the class rated her highly.... though grinding our own spices became a chore until we discovered the Brighton Grove Indian supermarket in Newcastle in the 80s- I used to just go in to sniff the air.

nappadang

Über Member
I've just knocked up a batch of your base gravy. It's in the freezer now but I had to sample it.
It is an excellent recipe which is tasty enough for my wife to eat as it is (Mrs Dang likes plain food) and simple enough to transform into all manner of exotic dishes. Phall is looking good.
Thanks for the link
I just made a Garlic, Chilli Chicken (for me) and a Chicken Achari (for the wife and littlun). I followed your recipes to the letter and have to say, they are by far and away the best curries ever cooked in this house.
I still have a load of gravy in the freezer which lm looking forward to transforming into some of your other recipes.
Can't speak highly enough of this site. Thanks

Top Bottom