Curtains or Blinds.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Blinds for us upstairs, will be replacing the downstairs curtains with blinds as well at some point.

Depends how good your windows are, curtains made a big difference in winter with our old knackered windows!.

D

Deleted member 26715

We have both - vertical blinds and curtains.
The blinds on their own didn't block out enough light.
Vertical blinds AND curtains for us.
Blinds are handy but if you want "dark" you need curtains.
I would have agreed with you both up until this last year, our bedroom is due East & always in the summer the sun has come shining in even with curtains with heavy linings. But this year we replaced the standard vertical blonds with blackout blinds & they certainly do their job, at night it is almost pitch black in there & in the morning they really do stop the sun, it will be interesting to see this winter if they also keep the room warmer we get the feeling they will but it has been exceptionally warm this summer.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We have blackout roller blinds and curtains in all bedrooms. Works a treat.
We have the double blind curtain combo.

Works well except in the recent hot weather when blinds restrict air flow from open windows.

Biker Joe

Über Member
I have long bedroom windows. I use roller blinds with a piece of simple material hung either end to finish the edges off. Dark blue blinds with a bright red material either end looks very good.

Top Bottom