Cushion to cover rear bike Rack for 3 year old to sit on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

united4ever

Über Member
Did the school run this morning with 2 kids now my 3 year old is at pre school. Normally my eldest just stands on the pedal and holds on while I stand the other side and push. Then when I drop him off I cycle on to work. However this morning it was tricky with my 3 year old wanting to do the same. Ended up that she sat on the rear rack and I held her with one hand and steered with the other....must admit it was a tricky balancing act.

Was looking at a cushion that sits on the rear bike rack. like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Rockbros-Mountain-Bike-Cushion-Black/dp/B00WLI771O

anyone used these. I will not be cycling on it, just pushing and walking alongside. Does anyone know where sells them in the UK or what they are actually called?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Could you not just use a proper kids bike seat? I know the few times I have given my eldest a backie she has complained less about padding and more about having her legs stretched apart.

OP
OP
U

united4ever

Über Member
maybe, do they affect your speed much when you cycle without a child on them. It's 10 minute walk to school and then a 40 minute cycle to work and 40 minute cycle home later so was hoping to find a solution that wouldn't impact on my main cycle ride but maybe I should just look at a kids seat.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
maybe, do they affect your speed much when you cycle without a child on them. It's 10 minute walk to school and then a 40 minute cycle to work and 40 minute cycle home later so was hoping to find a solution that wouldn't impact on my main cycle ride but maybe I should just look at a kids seat.

Mine acts a little bit of a sail - but worse is the rattling noise, it drives me crazy. I assume 'scooting' to pre-school is out of the question, that is the way my youngest travels. He loves getting a tow on the way home.

Jayaly

Mine acts a little bit of a sail - but worse is the rattling noise, it drives me crazy. I assume 'scooting' to pre-school is out of the question, that is the way my youngest travels. He loves getting a tow on the way home.

+1 on the sail and the rattling. Doesn't stop me, though.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I fear as you wheel your bike along festooned with small children all it will take is one , overzealous, PCSO and your collar will get felt. I'd suggest a cushion on a rack is not enough to comply with the law on carrying passengers.

Top Bottom