Cussing on the Chuffing Internet...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Google 'swearing linked with intelligence' for some alternative views.

It can be linked with a high degree of verbal fluency and large vocabulary - Lovely Wife swears a fair bit but has massive word power and is very hard to beat at games such as Scrabble.

NB: on the other hand she wouldn't write/type using swear words.

Google 'swearing linked with intelligence' for some alternative views.

It can be linked with a high degree of verbal fluency and large vocabulary - Lovely Wife swears a fair bit but has massive word power and is very hard to beat at games such as Scrabble.

NB: on the other hand she wouldn't write/type using swear words.

So people who know more words know more swear words. Oodathortit.

I didn't realise I was surrounded by so many intelligent people when I worked on the building sites.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I don't swear much, and tend to use portmanteaus, substitute terms or oblique soundalikes so the sprog doesn't pick them up. Mini D will grow up thinking "estate agent" is swearing.
Youngest used to have to go with big sisters whilst they were at gymnastics, on the way there is a council estate in the process of being pulled down with some pretty impressive graffiti on (which has been sanctioned by the council and reduced graffiti) as well as the usual 'tagging etc' including the expletive 'gas off' on multiple houses - only recently has he realised it not swearing :smile:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Youngest used to have to go with big sisters whilst they were at gymnastics, on the way there is a council estate in the process of being pulled down with some pretty impressive graffiti on (which has been sanctioned by the council and reduced graffiti) as well as the usual 'tagging etc' including the expletive 'gas off' on multiple houses - only recently has he realised it not swearing :smile:
However this is the music he and his peers typically listen too, which I do like incidentally, I suspect swearing is now just part of normal language and we are becoming 'old fuddy duddies' ...

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Top Bottom