Custom Charge Spoon prices.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psyclist

Über Member
Any body used the Custom Charge Spoon site?

https://custom.chargebikes.com/#/ch..._B1,base_E9,bumpers_D9,logo_G1,stitching_F8+)

£119.00 for a custom one with ti rails and leather. And £70 for a standard one with chromo rails
icon_eek.gif

You could buy a Fiz:ik or a decent high end saddle for those prices.

I know they're custom by the way, and thus cost more, but that's a lot of money for a not so special saddle.

Cheers for the link that's in my bookmarks for payday, I like the red very nice.

MikeG

Guru
Some of those customised versions are exactly the same as their standard saddles which sell for around £45, so be careful to look at what is available off-the-shelf before you go down the customised route.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Some of those customised versions are exactly the same as their standard saddles which sell for around £45, so be careful to look at what is available off-the-shelf before you go down the customised route.
^ This. I got my custom one out of the spoon bin at Tredz in Swansea.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I've just bought a Limited Edition Spoon, used, but I got it for £15. I'd never pay anything over £30 for a custom one.
I have 2 brown spoons. I went through the options but ended up thinking the only thing I fancied was the logo in yellow, bang! Now my £18 saddle costs £70. Think I will stick with the standard ones :rolleyes:

By the way @Psyclist love the Avatar. It's a much under rated marque IMO. I have 3 of them....

upload_2014-2-28_9-53-51.png
upload_2014-2-28_9-55-51.png
upload_2014-2-28_10-0-11.png

Well, 4 if you count the youngest sons GT Stomper 20 that we have just lent to friends on a sale or return basis

upload_2014-2-28_9-57-37.png

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
How comfy is it? Have you done a long ride on it yet?

I discovered they're comfortable for around 30 miles, and then get quite uncomfortable, but it depends on the rider and maybe seat position too.

I have 2 brown spoons. I went through the options but ended up thinking the only thing I fancied was the logo in yellow, bang! Now my £18 saddle costs £70. Think I will stick with the standard ones :rolleyes:

By the way @Psyclist love the Avatar. It's a much under rated marque IMO. I have 3 of them....

*SNIP*

Well, 4 if you count the youngest sons GT Stomper 20 that we have just lent to friends on a sale or return basis

*SNIP*

Those are awesome. I love me some GT's. Always been a fan, and they are underrated too. I think since they were bought by Dorel Industries they've been looked down on by the snobs, but the bikes they've made since are still great.

I'm building this at the moment. No saddle because the Spoon I bought hasn't arrived due to the seller being lazy and not posting.

p4pb10659952.jpg

Attachments

• p4pb10659952.jpg
    p4pb10659952.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 11

jay clock

Massive member
How comfy is it? Have you done a long ride on it yet?
There will be people who dont like them but I have several. Extremely comfy - down a couple Ironmans, several half IMs and several 100+mile rides with no problems . About 80% of the reviews on here are positive but not for everyone

I am very temped by a white leather or red plastic...

Top Bottom