Custom Charge Spoon prices.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Ha, it's a northern England saying but rest assured the Romin saddle is great ^_^
I thought you northerners just gaffer taped a brick on the seat post.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
For hard men (and women) north and south
stonesaddle.jpe

The Real MAN ® saddle as recommended by Sheldon Brown

Davidc

Guru
I find the spoon OK for round town, and up to about 30 miles maximim. I've bought 2, both in the 20 to 30 pound range, and sold one of them for about what I paid for it. The idea of a custom version at a premium price of what's basically a good value cheapish saddle just amazes me.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I find the spoon OK for round town, and up to about 30 miles maximim. I've bought 2, both in the 20 to 30 pound range, and sold one of them for about what I paid for it. The idea of a custom version at a premium price of what's basically a good value cheapish saddle just amazes me.
But, have you found a saddle that you are comfortable with for distances more than 30 miles? (I am fine on mine for hundreds :smile:)

jay clock

Massive member
Slightly agree. I have ordered a standard red one for 23 quid off ebay, and to get it with white stitching and other coloured bits would be 70 quid plus. At least we have the choice, it is not like they just hiked the price of what is a popular product to take the pi$$.

Davidc

Guru
But, have you found a saddle that you are comfortable with for distances more than 30 miles? (I am fine on mine for hundreds :smile:)
Yes. I use a Brooks B17 on the bike I do distance on. I don't have one of those on the round-town bike simply because I don't like leaving expensive components unattended on bike stands. (For the same reason there are no QR wheels, saddle clamps, etc on that bike either).

jay clock

Massive member
Interesting that I have a B17 on my tourer which only gets used for tours. I am actually thinking of trying out a Spoon on that, as the B17 gave me a sore bars eventually when I cycled to Spain from the UK (4 weeks). The B17 is several years old and done about 6000km but still seems hard. Not helped that the bike (Koga Miyata World traveller) is pretty unyielding

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I reckon a scoop is about 100km better than a spoon.

Top Bottom