Customer Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
On the phone to BT this morning and the bloke says, "Do you mind if I call you Bernard?"

I replied, "Yes I do mind actually, it's Mr Farquhar to you. Show some respect to a paying customer, yoy young pup."

I don't mind being first named by the barman at my local, or by the boys at the LBS, in places where there is that long established face to face relationship, but a faceless corporate monolith that cares so little about customer service that it exported the bulk of its call centre jobs to India can just bugger right off.

Rant over.

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
Calm down boy, at least they did not want to call you Gladys or the suchlike.

I hate it when you answer the phone and the first thing they say is ...Hi mr (insert name of choice ) how are you doing today .............well actually since you ask the dogs died this morning my wifes left me and the kids dont want to see me anymore , now what the feck do you want, ....... Have you ever had PPI.................AAARRRGGHHH:cursing:

Paul99

Über Member
I hate it when you answer the phone and the first thing they say is ...Hi mr (insert name of choice ) how are you doing today .............well actually since you ask the dogs died this morning my wifes left me and the kids dont want to see me anymore , now what the feck do you want, ....... Have you ever had PPI.................AAARRRGGHHH:cursing:

A good sales person would reply "My goodness that's terrible.... but I've got some GREAT news for you, have you ever had PPI?"^_^

Hugh Manatee

Veteran

My old boss told me a terrible story of many years previously had asked a customer, "So how is the wife, is she well?"

"She's as dead as she was the last time you asked me that." From that day on he carried a little North Korean style notepad (MK 1) and started to look at notes before he went in to see people.

classic33

Leg End Member
Then i say im rather busy ... if you give me YOUR HOME TELEPHONE NUMBER i will call you back later..... oh im sorry sir but i cant give you my home number ........well thats not fair YOUVE FEKIN GOT MINE....
Did exactly that on Sunday. Mobile phone provider, whilst in one of their shops.
A few odd looks & silence, for a short while, from the person on the other end of the call.

Top Bottom