cutting a thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reacher

I'm in the proocess of replacing my BB , when i screwed in the crank puller/remover i found that the thread is slightly damaged by the previous owner , can i cut a new 22mm thread on them , if so how ?
they are Token Mono Q and its on the chain set side , most of the thread is intact its like one half has been crossed , the crank puller will go all the way in , but the first time i tried it it pulled out , the second time it held ,

We've been presented with this situation before so we used a fairly standard three armed bearing puller. Not the easiest thing to work with but it pulled of a well stuck chainset which had no thread in it at all....

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Leave the bolt slightly loose and go for a ride up a hill in a high gear.

I was given a similar tip for stuck alloy wheels on cars. Rather than hours of sweat and tears often resulting in a damaged rim simply loosen the wheel nuts 1 or 2 turns then go for a quick drive around the block (even better if there is a cobbled road nearby).

OP
OP
R

reacher

We've been presented with this situation before so we used a fairly standard three armed bearing puller. Not the easiest thing to work with but it pulled of a well stuck chainset which had no thread in it at all....

brilliant , just the job , thanks

Top Bottom