Cyclaire pumps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Cathryn said:
I LOVE mine!! Being a bit of a girl, I don't have much upper body strength and so (shamefully) have never managed to pump my tyres myself. However I invested in a cyclaire and happened to get a puncture BY MYSELF on its first outing...and the cyclaire was brilliant!!! One inflated tyre of my own.

I didn't manage to get PARTICULARLY high pressure but think that was my failure, not the gagdets. It got me home safely to my track pump.

MASSIVE fan. It also caused quite a stir amongst the men sat there watching me mend my puncture!

That's why I like my Cyclaire+, as a girlie, I don't have the upper body strength to get a road tyre up tpo a decent pressure using a 'normal' pump. The Cyclaire+ is *tremendous* though - a few pulls on the cord and up to 120psi with no problems.

Brock

andy_wrx said:
I did wonder what you were doing in that picture, Brock...
lol
:biggrin:

P*ncture Fairy said:
The Transit was just a warning - Mend thy ways unbeliever, or the bike gets it!
:biggrin::eek::biggrin::eek::biggrin::eek::biggrin:

Sorry, I meant no offence. I shall sacrifice a perfectly good tube (Maxxis Superlite 26x1.75/2.1 presta) in your honour O vengeful one.

P*ncture Fairy

Enough grovelling - I hate grovelling, and don't bother with sacrifices - they are so messy!

Your repentance is noted and accepted - Keep the tube in a safe place, as I will be keeping an eye out on your future demeanour!

Valiant

Veteran
I hate the Cyclaire. I brought one, it broke in it's first use. Cyclaire refused to fix it.

Nowadays I swear by the Topeak Road Morph. 120psi in no time and barely break a sweat. Seriously get one.

Abitrary

Does that pump have a guage on it?

I know some people, especially bike shop owners get snotty about guages, but I think having some sort of goal indicator makes pumping up tyres a whole lot more enjoyable

It's a bit like reading something concise yet entertaining like a cartoon book on the loo

alfablue

pumppic.jpg

Abitrary

alfablue said:

Er, thanks. A bit of text would have been nice instead of just agressing me with a bike pump guage image

alfablue

Abitrary said:
Er, thanks. A bit of text would have been nice instead of just agressing me with a bike pump guage image
A picture is worth a thousand words! You now know that it has a gauge, but also what type of gauge, so you're quids-in. No aggressing intended.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
gwhite said:
True, but it tends to give an incorrect (too low) reading.
I may have accidentally bought a road morph as well as a Cyclaire... :rolleyes:

Nice piece of kit, and to echo other posters, the gauge seems spot on (matches the Cyclaire, at least). I prefer the action of the Road Morph too (I find the vibration of the cyclaire through my hand slightly uncomfortable after a while).

It seems to me that both pumps are easily capable of topping up a tyre to required pressure (currently 100 front, 110 rear for me) from 80-90 psi (I find it's here or before that cheap pumps become *really* hard work). I've only pumped a tyre up to pressure from zero with the Cyclaire (after an unplanned deflation event last week) and it was easy enough, albeit time consuming - I found the same problems with back ache that other taller posters mentioned too.

I slightly prefer the road morph because it's lighter, more compact on the bike and the action seems nicer. The Cyclaire has a better gauge and the carry case easily accomodates tyre levers and kit as well as the pump itself.

Top Bottom