Cycle 12 miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

postman said:
While reading all the great advice given out to our newbie.I thought what a good idea a cycling buddie would be .A person to accompany a first timer to the shops so they are not fobbed off with a bike that's not right for them.

Bike buddy..

http://www.towerhamletswheelers.org.uk/cycletraining/

"Wheelers have a list of volunteers that can be called upon to assist you in finding new routes and riding with you on them. This is especially of benefit to those starting to commute by bicycle. No matter your start or end location, a suitable buddy can usually be found to guide you on your journey until you are familiar and confident with your route."

Tynan

Veteran
'warm gloves (fingers get very cold)'

I came off once on some oil not wearing gloves

I've never cycled without gloves since

ever

OP
OP
B

bobby

Hello All,

I brought the subway 2 bike today. Just some advice in relation to gears?

theres 21, so whats best uphill, downhill, flat.

Cheers

Bobby

bobby said:
Hello All,

I brought the subway 2 bike today. Just some advice in relation to gears?

theres 21, so whats best uphill, downhill, flat.

Cheers

Bobby

It's very simple - if your legs are going too fast for comfort, change to a higher gear. If you feel that you are having to push on the pedals, rather than just spin them, change to a lower gear.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
bobby said:
Hello All,

thanks for your advice! So the bike in my previous post should do the job?

Cheers

Bobby

I throw in my standard advice on buying a bike. Find a good Local Bike Shop (LBS) try as many different bike as you can in your price range, if they don't let you test ride on the road walk away and don't go back. Then buy the one that suits you best, or in this case see if your provider can source it for you. I wouldn't buy any bike I hadn't had a chance to ride first.

Top Bottom