cycle buddy in Kent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pnh

Regular
Hi there - I'm a newbie to this C.C. and this is my first post. Having taken up cycling again last year (last time was cycling to school!!!), I am enjoying the little country lanes and villages around my area, but perhaps would enjoy it a bit more with some company periodically. Don't really want to join a club (of which there are many) as that means a level of committment I can't maintain with my job. There seem to be plenty of riders I pass in the opposite direction in ones and twos......... Anyway, I cycle 20 - 30 miles at the weekends at a regular pace (11 - 13 mph) on a Trek 7100 hybrid, nothing too exhausting! I'm quite fit (but the hills take their toll!). I've just turned 60 going on 35 and would be interested if anyone in the Sevenoaks area of Kent was like-minded.

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Sorry not based in Kent but :welcome: nontheless

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hi and welcome to the forum. We are from Dartford and sometimes cycle near to sevenoaks area there are some good rides around the area you are from.

OP
OP
pnh

pnh

Regular
Hello again - thanks for the welcomes. Having been out yesterday for the first time since Christmas, I'd like to amend my distances to a max of 20 miles! Gosh, it's amazing how quickly you get out of shape for cycling. The gusty winds did not help one bit! Never mind - onwards and upwards...........

Megan

Hi pnh,

I am in Sevenoaks, and about to get my first road bike. Not cycling at the moment, just Spinning on indoor fixed bikes, so a real newbie on the road. Would be happy to meet up.

Megan

OP
OP
pnh

pnh

Regular
Thanks for all the messages. Just got a new saddle (split Specialized) and did a 37 mile ride yesterday.. B*m only started complaining for the last 5 miles - mind you, so did all my muscles............
Megan - let me know when you make that purchase, and we will celebrate with a not-too-long rideout. looking forward to it.

Top Bottom