Cycle Chat Account Upgrade (Advertisement Removal)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
9 Squids a year..... a bargain

Some will think that way, but you are up against an ingrained culture that content on the internet should be free.

For me it's an absolute steal. The money I've saved in bargains & tips on CC is far more than £9 & the odd CC ride is a bonus too :okay:

I think I'm still banned from a couple of threads in news, can I sign up for £8.90 in recognition of the fact that I don't have full access?

Maybe if you have been a naughty boy & banned from some threads maybe you should have to pay £9.10 :laugh:

PS Thanks @Shaun could have lived with the ads, but I'd rather pay a few squid to help CC & not have them :okay:

Slioch

Guru
Subscribed.

I use an adblocker so I don't see any ads or banners, but I'm happy to pay to support a forum that I use daily and that gives me a great amount of entertainment (nobbers and all :laugh:).

The thread linked to @Regulators flounce was worth the £9 on it's own. As was @Drago 's "comeback" thread.

My ambition is to one day, when I'm brave enough, venture into the News & Current Affairs section of the forum :boxing:. But I'm not quite brave enough just yet.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I use an adblocker so I don't see any ads or banners, but I'm happy to pay to support a forum that I use daily and that gives me a great amount of entertainment (nobbers and all :laugh:).
I'm a Mod so I don't see ads either, but I still paid, for your same reasons.
Without CC I would never have met the folks of CC Ecosse, never would have dreamed of cycling the distances we did, never would have known how to commute on icy days.
And, of course, I would never have known about the many bikes, bike accessories, bike tools a girl simply must have :laugh:

subaqua

What’s the point
Some will think that way, but you are up against an ingrained culture that content on the internet should be free.

Bona fide news publishers struggle to get users to pay a subscription.

Were CycleChat to be put fully behind a pay wall the site would be dead within hours.

Facebook isn't daft, they are committed to the 'free at point of use' model.

If you aren’t paying for product , then you are the product.

75p a month seems good value ...

Top Bottom