Cycle Chat Account Upgrade (Advertisement Removal)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I use adblocker at home. One thing does irritate me about this site though is certain 'trigger' words turn into advertising hyperlinks.

Take, for instance, the name of a long river in Brazil. Every time I use that it links to their site. My posts are not ads for them & I resent a perfectly good name being hijacked to supply advertising. It would be great if you could turn that off. The long river in Brazil doesn't pay me to advertise for them.
The site could earn a couple quid for the privilege though which keeps the cost down for the rest of us. :okay:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
The site could earn a couple quid for the privilege though which keeps the cost down for the rest of us. :okay:
I don't mind ads as they are obviously ads. I do mind large international companies effectively 'owning' a perfectly good word and cheekily getting me to advertise for them when I use it. They never asked, no consultation. Worth noting that countries nearby the long South American river are now taking them on over appropriation of the internet name:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-a...-domain-name-rights-brazil-says-idUKKCN1RF2TZ

iandg

Legendary Member
I've had a renewal message appear, when I click ' here' it takes me to a page that doesn't allow me to do anything so can't renew. Anyone else having problems?

iandg, your account upgrade named Banner Free will expire in 7 days.
Thank you for having purchased this upgrade and we hope you have enjoyed the benefits it offered.
You may extend or renew your account upgrades here.

Top Bottom