Featured Cycle Chat Account Upgrade (Advertisement Removal)

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by Shaun, 17 Nov 2018.

1. captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701 Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.

I use adblocker at home. One thing does irritate me about this site though is certain 'trigger' words turn into advertising hyperlinks.

Take, for instance, the name of a long river in Brazil. Every time I use that it links to their site. My posts are not ads for them & I resent a perfectly good name being hijacked to supply advertising. It would be great if you could turn that off. The long river in Brazil doesn't pay me to advertise for them.

classic33 and dave r like this.
  2. Slick

Slick Veteran

The site could earn a couple quid for the privilege though which keeps the cost down for the rest of us. :okay:

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  3. captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701 Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.

I don't mind ads as they are obviously ads. I do mind large international companies effectively 'owning' a perfectly good word and cheekily getting me to advertise for them when I use it. They never asked, no consultation. Worth noting that countries nearby the long South American river are now taking them on over appropriation of the internet name:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-a...-domain-name-rights-brazil-says-idUKKCN1RF2TZ

classic33 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice