Cycle Chat Confessional

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I’ve never seen Game of Thrones either.

Nor have I seen Mary Poppins or the Sound of Music.

I’ve never watched a football game, or cricket or rugby.

And I’ve never been to me.

classic33

Leg End Member
That too. Or rugby, cricket, basketball, hurling, hockey or any other team sport that involves running after a ball. Definitely not for me.
That nice gentle game!
Camogie Cork.jpg

Camogie Clare - Tipperary-1.jpg

You could be a goalie!

Last edited:
When I was young I used to play in a field next to a railway line. One day when we were playing mud twanging we decided it would be a good idea to have a go at hitting a train. The chances of us hitting anything were pretty remote anyway. We lay in wait in a small copse for a diesel multiple unit to pass by and then leapt out and fired! Splat! I scored a direct hit on a carriage window. Slap bang in the middle was a flattened lump of clay . A passenger sitting next to it didn't half have a surprised look on his face .
I feel a bit ashamed. But must admit it was a good shot !

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I'll confess I watch GoT and enjoy it. It's no more fanciful than that other saga - Brexit.

In the run up to the final season though, I'm trying to avoid - Likely Lads fashion - any spoilers and I'm getting a bit pissed off with the BBC news site running a story about a Sky drama every farking day this week.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
In the run up to the final season though, I'm trying to avoid - Likely Lads fashion - any spoilers and I'm getting a bit pissed off with the BBC news site running a story about a Sky drama every farking day this week.
That was what made me start the thread.
It was like anyone who doesn’t watch it is some kind of weirdo.

Jimidh

Veteran
I ploughed through the whole first series as I was promised that it was brilliant - it wasn’t and I haven’t seen anymore.

I did like the girl with the dragons though.

Brains

Legendary Member
I'll confess I watch GoT and enjoy it. It's no more fanciful than that other saga - Brexit.

I'd read all the GoT books years before they decided to make the series.
When I heard it was in production I was utterly amazed the BBC did not bid to show the series.
Sure it would have cost a fortune, but they would have had viewing figures in the millions.
Instead they have passed the buck to the likes of Sky. It's a stark admission the BBC are no longer relevant.

The BBC have done something similar with Killing Eve (a BBC production) where every other English speaking country will have seen the entire series months before it's shown on the BBC in the UK, which means in reality most of the fans of the show will have seen it from illegal streaming already.
(My wife is an fan, therefore I've already seen the first episode of Killing Eve series two)

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The BBC have done something similar with Killing Eve (a BBC production) where every other English speaking country will have seen the entire series months before it's shown on the BBC in the UK, which means in reality most of the fans of the show will have seen it from illegal streaming already.
(My wife is an fan, therefore I've already seen the first episode of Killing Eve series two)

Much like the BBC did with the excellent Last Kingdom, which was a co-production with Netflix.
A ratings hit, but the BBC walked away after two series to free up more funds for an extra episode of EastEnders each week...

Top Bottom