Cycle Chat Confessional

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Beebo, 12 Apr 2019.

1. stephec

stephec Legendary Member

Hall of mirrors at the fun fair?

2. CarlP

CarlP There’s no need to live in a pit of doom

I’ve never seen Game of Thrones either.

Nor have I seen Mary Poppins or the Sound of Music.

I’ve never watched a football game, or cricket or rugby.

And I’ve never been to me.

Illaveago and Milzy like this.
  3. tyred

tyred Legendary Member

That too. Or rugby, cricket, basketball, hurling, hockey or any other team sport that involves running after a ball. Definitely not for me.

Illaveago, CarlP and Milzy like this.
  4. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

That nice gentle game!
    Camogie Cork.jpg
    Camogie Clare - Tipperary-1.jpg

You could be a goalie!

Last edited: 13 Apr 2019
    Fnaar, Oldbloke and Illaveago like this.
  5. tyred

tyred Legendary Member

Many years ago I worked with a guy who played it and invariably he arrived at work on crutches or with his arm in a sling following another match incident at the weekend. I'll stick to my cycling and hiking, thank you very much!

6. When I was young I used to play in a field next to a railway line. One day when we were playing mud twanging we decided it would be a good idea to have a go at hitting a train. The chances of us hitting anything were pretty remote anyway. We lay in wait in a small copse for a diesel multiple unit to pass by and then leapt out and fired! Splat! I scored a direct hit on a carriage window. Slap bang in the middle was a flattened lump of clay . A passenger sitting next to it didn't half have a surprised look on his face .
    I feel a bit ashamed. But must admit it was a good shot !

Beebo and NorthernDave like this.
  7. Diogenes

Diogenes Opinions, schminions

I'll confess I watch GoT and enjoy it. It's no more fanciful than that other saga - Brexit.

In the run up to the final season though, I'm trying to avoid - Likely Lads fashion - any spoilers and I'm getting a bit pissed off with the BBC news site running a story about a Sky drama every farking day this week.

8. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Is Game of Thrones a game of musical chairs on toilets?

C R, Dirk, Illaveago and 1 other person like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

That was what made me start the thread.
    It was like anyone who doesn’t watch it is some kind of weirdo.

C R, Illaveago and Andy in Germany like this.
  10. Jimidh

Jimidh Über Member

I ploughed through the whole first series as I was promised that it was brilliant - it wasn’t and I haven’t seen anymore.

I did like the girl with the dragons though.

Illaveago likes this.
  11. Brains

Brains Guru

I'd read all the GoT books years before they decided to make the series.
    When I heard it was in production I was utterly amazed the BBC did not bid to show the series.
    Sure it would have cost a fortune, but they would have had viewing figures in the millions.
    Instead they have passed the buck to the likes of Sky. It's a stark admission the BBC are no longer relevant.

The BBC have done something similar with Killing Eve (a BBC production) where every other English speaking country will have seen the entire series months before it's shown on the BBC in the UK, which means in reality most of the fans of the show will have seen it from illegal streaming already.
    (My wife is an fan, therefore I've already seen the first episode of Killing Eve series two)

12. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Much like the BBC did with the excellent Last Kingdom, which was a co-production with Netflix.
    A ratings hit, but the BBC walked away after two series to free up more funds for an extra episode of EastEnders each week...

Illaveago and Andy in Germany like this.
  13. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

Saw the the first Harry Potter, that was enough.

C R and NorthernDave like this.
  14. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Me too - saw it was on telly and decided to tune in and see what all the fuss was about. I don't think I lasted an hour before changing channels.

15. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

It's not a mirror, it's a reality distortion field.

Andy in Germany and Markymark like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice