Cycle chat jerseys (sorry!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Can someone tell me what material these are made of and how warm they are likely to be?

I can get a 'friedly' one, with VAT & postage, for £38. That puts into a different league for me so it needs to be looked at a different way.

Do you reckon the jersey is warm enough for a cusp season (i.e. early spring, autumn) outer layer? Is there any warmth or windproofing to it?

ChrisKH

Guru
Yello, it's standard cycle wear fabric (100% polyester), so doesn't have any wind resistance as such. I think the long sleeve would be fine for early autumn or late spring when it's relatively warm but I think you would need a couple of layers if there was a hint of cold or wind. Or possibly wear it with a sleeveless windproof. It all depends what you usually wear. I've got a large short sleeve which will be great for summer and an XL long sleeve for those cooler days in summer,late spring and early autumn.

Tynan

Veteran
I've worn it with one of those £5 technical shirts under it on cold days very comfortably although I do ride warm

Why are you paying £38 for one of the misspelt ones? Isn't there a thread about getting them all for £10 a piece?

Will1985

Über Member
Friedlys for £38?? Wait a few weeks and hopefully you could have a friendly for that. Ditto putting a technical tshirt underneath for some warmth.

OP
OP
Y

yello

Yes, a bit steep for postage methinks but he who plays the pipes etc.... to mangle a cliché.

It's £26 if posted to the UK so I might just get it sent to a friends and they can send it on... I reckon that'll save me a tenner.

Top Bottom