Cycle clothing for bigger people

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edwardd67

Hi guys and girls

Can anyone recommend a site or store that stocks Jerseys in bigger sizes (real sizes not racing snakes)

48-52 inch chest male sizes .
Thanks for looking.
ED

Norm

Yes, Tenn Outdoors.

However, they appear to be charging full price for their stuff at the moment. I've picked up three of their Sprint jerseys in the last 12 months and I paid less than half the price they are currently displaying.

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
I have a couple of Tenn Outdoor things and they are very good for the money. I also have Endura and Altura which have proved big enough and good quality.
I hate buying cycle clothes. I know I'm a big lad, the last thing I need is to have to buy one or two sizes even bigger than normal, all because cycle clothing manufactureres can't be arsed to follow the rest of the clothing industries sizing guides :cursing:

compo

Veteran
I just wish that the XL, XXl etc sizing would be consigned to history. It varies between manufacturers. I have seen 3XL relating to a 42" chest yet from another company I buy polo shirts that are 2XL and fit my 52" chest with room to spare. It gets on my nerves having to search for size charts, if the advertisers even bother with such minor details. Why can they not put inches, or even centimetres, surely that's not too complicated. Mind you watching Britain's best on "The Apprentice" perhaps using a tape measure is too complicated.

cadleigh

I wonder whether the problem with cycling gear is that the pros are usually on the diminutive size, so everything is based on making stuff for them.

I find Biemme and adidas do "real-world" sizes - I'm 187cm tall and around 85 kilos, and take an XL in both adidas and Biemme (although admittedly an L in most street clothes).

Whereas I bought a jersey from a French online store and it took me a almost three months to get a jersey that fit, as each order had to be sent back and the next size ordered from their supplier, with an extended delay each time. And in the end I had an XXXXL - which is absurd.

Even chest measurements don't work. What one company claims fits a certain chest size can vary, as well. I ended up with a jersey from one company that flapped around on me like a sail.

It would be a lot easier if they all put proper measurements based on the actual garment - ie armpit-to-armpit, across the shoulders, length down the back, arm length... That way you could dig out one you already own that fits, and measure it for a direct comparison.

Top Bottom