Cycle clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soup890

Crazy
Is there any point wearing cycling tights when riding a Hybrid bike?

The reason why I ask, is because I'm on the search for new cycle gear. I want to look like a Roadie but I have a Hybrid bike. I'm not sure if the two go well together.

MikeW-71

Veteran
I wear mine on my MTB if I need to. They work just as well :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
What does it matter...your bum will thank you, which is the important thing. I wear cycle clothing on every bike. I'll even wear a hi viz jacket on a carbon roadbike :ohmy:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Is there any point wearing cycling tights when riding a Hybrid bike?

The reason why I ask, is because I'm on the search for new cycle gear. I want to look like a Roadie but I have a Hybrid bike. I'm not sure if the two go well together.

Cycling tights are valid on whatever bike you're riding. Equally, you're free to wear whatever you like while riding any bike, the choice is yours. :thumbsup:

boydj

Legendary Member
You could always wear baggies over the tights. That's what I do on a regular basis (on a road bike) because a) it's another layer to keep the 'bits' warm and b) it's a handy place to keep money keys and other small loose items.

But, really, who cares what you wear on a bike? There is no set uniform for different types of rider or bike.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
You can even wear nothing if it's warm!
World_naked_bike_ride_6.jpg

Top Bottom