Cycle Clubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Simba

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
I can do probably 2:30pm on Tuesday, I would do one tomorrow but I am knackered after cycling from Miss Fluffies, she lives in Salford Quays and I went via Bury to Rochdale, just under 20 miles, my longest ride to date. Where is a good place to meet, somewhere halfway? also what kind of pace/distance?

My pace is around 14mph average, 16 on a good day

aJohnson

Pace and distance is up to you, I just need to get out more :laugh:

We could meet halfway, I often ride to Ashworth Valley which is near Rochdale.

OP
OP
Simba

Simba

aJohnson said:
Pace and distance is up to you, I just need to get out more :laugh:

We could meet halfway, I often ride to Ashworth Valley which is near Rochdale.

I'm not slow but I'm not Lance Armstrong either hehe

My only disadvantage is I am on a MTB with semi slicks. Heywood Town Centre could be an ideal meeting point. Then we can decide where to go, I only have 3 routes that I do, so I need to explore a bit more.

aJohnson

Edwin Wayne? I don't know it but I should be able to find it as it's just sticking to a main road. I'll be the skinny one in black or black and white on a green trek so shouldn't be too hard to spot.

OP
OP
Simba

Simba

Hmm if you are coming from the other way, you may miss it as that bit is a 1 way street.

Here would be better, its on the A58 the main route from Bury to Rochdale, the pub on the right, left for you as you are coming from Bury http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s....5&ll=53.593887,-2.223898&spn=0,0.672226&z=11

Ill be in all black. Black long sleeve polaris jersey and black cycling shorts (If its not raining) and a blue and white brain bucket.

OP
OP
Simba

Simba

Cool, I got a few places in mind that are decent distances and stuff.

OP
OP
Simba

Simba

willhub said:
Do you have a cafe stop on a 7.1 mile ride????

Well considering we both have to cycle best part of 5 miles to our meeting point, then cycle the same 7.1 miles back.

I think the whole trip will be around 20ish miles

Fluffy said:
Well considering we both have to cycle best part of 5 miles to our meeting point, then cycle the same distance back.

I think the whole trip will be around 25 miles

That's like 10 miles each then?

I think you should try and take abit of food on the bike and try doing the distance not stopping, or just quickly stopping to take in some food. Unless you're happy with doing 10-30 miles and not really ever increasing that.

I remember my first ever time I did over 20 miles, I did 25 miles none stop on a MTB, and I wasn't very fit tbh, I think you could do it.

Top Bottom