Cycle commuting is on the increase...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NigC

Having walked today, I cetainly noticed a lot more cyclists around. I didn't think to make a head count, but it must have been around 15+ through the 90 minutes. Not bad when you consider I leave home before 6:00am :cheers: I think a little higher pro-rata compared to when I cycle.

It was damned cold this-morning, but I suspect the clear sky and promise of a decent day may have had something to do with it :biggrin:

jimboalee

jimboalee said:
Cycle commuting and rainfall.

A/ is Inversely proportional,

or

B/ has Negative correlation.

A typical 'Key Stage 2' SATS question.
Anyone with half a brain should know this.

ACS

Legendary Member
I have seen a substantial increase in cycling commuters in my area there appears to be 2 of us now. :biggrin:

Chatting to the other guy, he did admit he was a fair weather commuter and his bike did look like it has never seen a drop of wind. :smile:

Jezston

Über Member
Cycle rack at work is now chock full of shiny new bicycles. Not sure how many of them ever leave the rack though :smile:

Train in the morning usually has one or two, sometimes three bicycles on it. Today there were SIX. And yet still non cyclist passengers take seats in the cycle/pushchair carriage :biggrin:

g00se

Veteran
One the ride in today, the train's guard's van bike racks were full and the racks at work were packed and overflowing (80-odd supposedly but seems more). The office racks are usually always full over the winter but now bikes are strewn all over the place (secured underground garage).

I usually get in about 10am but was in early today. I can't call myself the most seasoned, experienced rider but I spend most of the journey, filtering on the embankment trying to avoid one guy no a new bike repeatedly crossing all the lanes without any heed to who was coming up behind him. Should I out him by uploading the video?

jimboalee

After commuting on a bike for two of three years, the answer is bloody obvious.

It's much the same as "I've seen an increase in lowered soft tops on sports cars lately". Not that you could call a convertible VW Beetle a 'sports car'.

PS

What is a 'seasoned' cyclist?

Answer – One that has slid down the road on his hip and then had salt rubbed into the skin striped flesh.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

BigSteev said:
By virtue of the fact that I don't RLJ, and that I tend to ride around 20mph.

That reminds me. I have a youtube 'critic' who is telling me I am exagerating by suggesting that I can cycle above a 10mph average. He claims to be a cyclist....a very slow cyclist! :ohmy:

Shady

Couple of years ago you maybe saw one or two regular cyclists in the week but now there are loads on the island.

Maybe due to exercise / tax / fuel reasons but good to see though.

However too many of them seem keen on riding on the pavements and riding like morons to give other cyclists a bad name.

Shady

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I even had a cyclist latching on to my rear wheel today. First ever. Though some may suggest that that is because I now cycle faster than 10mph, rather than there being more cyclists! :ohmy:

Top Bottom