Cycle commuting is on the increase...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan Whicker

Also, see the silver full sus mtb in the foreground? What's with those bikes? There's another bloke who gets my train sometimes with a very similar bike - massive frame, no branding, weird paint effect on the silver part. The suspicious part of me thinks nicked and resprayed, but then both these two bikes I've seen have identical very distinct shape as well. Must weigh an absolute ton as well.

That's a downhill racing bike. There's a reason they're so heavy, they're for launching off mountains and they're not meant to be ridden UPhill. I'm always seeing blokes struggling around London on them. I presume they picked them 'cos they look dead macho. It's basically a trials bike with no engine.

Plax

Guru
The number of cyclists has increased big time where I work, I suspect because the number of staff has doubled in the last 18 months. The bike shed is now bedlam with not enough wheel benders to go round (and some arse who locks his lock to one of them, everyone else leaves them on the side of the shed or doesn't bother). Nice in a way as there was only ever 2 of us before. Irritating in a way as it's now bursting and my bike has been scratched by people trying to get their own bikes in/out.

They built another car park, and got an additional bike shed with no bike racks after complaints that motor bikes were parking in the bicycle racks. So now it's basically 1 for motorbikes and 1 for bicyles. The one for bicycles only has racks on one side, so I'm trying to get some more racks for the other side too, but it's gone a bit quiet on that front. Maybe I should start taking photos when it's full. They should have plenty of money to buy a couple more wheel benders after all.

Top Bottom