Cycle Computer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jonni27

Looking for recommendations for a cycle computer/ speedo that will work off the rear wheel.
Have tried 2 wireless units but range from sender unit to head unit is not great enough.
How long are the wires on a wired unit? Not looking to spend a huge amount as it is only being used on a static training bike.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi jonni27.
I had exactly the same problem as you.My wireless computer head unit would not receive the signal ,with the sender attached to the rear wheel. I didn't want to spend any more money on another computer, so I just simply attached the head unit to the Turbo trainer. I wasn't holding much hope ,to how practical it would be , but I've found it to be no bother at all to read. I just look downwards and can see everything with ease. I hope this helps in you sorting it out :-) :-)

How long are the wires on a wired unit? Not looking to spend a huge amount as it is only being used on a static training bike.

It varies, duh! Look at the specs. Bear in mind you could always get any cheapo wired cable system and extend them with a bit of electrical wire, soldering the ends together, or bodge it by wrapping the copper ends around each other and wrapping with electrical tape. Former better than the latter for obvious reasons. Lots of videos on youtube on how to solder cables together.

Top Bottom