Cycle Computer.

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Jonni27, 4 Feb 2018.

1. Jonni27

Jonni27 New Member

Looking for recommendations for a cycle computer/ speedo that will work off the rear wheel.
    Have tried 2 wireless units but range from sender unit to head unit is not great enough.
    How long are the wires on a wired unit? Not looking to spend a huge amount as it is only being used on a static training bike.

2. johnnyb47

johnnyb47 Über Member

Hi jonni27.
    I had exactly the same problem as you.My wireless computer head unit would not receive the signal ,with the sender attached to the rear wheel. I didn't want to spend any more money on another computer, so I just simply attached the head unit to the Turbo trainer. I wasn't holding much hope ,to how practical it would be , but I've found it to be no bother at all to read. I just look downwards and can see everything with ease. I hope this helps in you sorting it out :-) :-)

3. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

Wahoo Mini works from the rear wheel if that’s your preference or on an indoor trainer according to DCRainmaker.

4. confusedcyclist

confusedcyclist Über Member

It varies, duh! Look at the specs. Bear in mind you could always get any cheapo wired cable system and extend them with a bit of electrical wire, soldering the ends together, or bodge it by wrapping the copper ends around each other and wrapping with electrical tape. Former better than the latter for obvious reasons. Lots of videos on youtube on how to solder cables together.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice