Cycle Computers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
GPS tend to work on movement between two points, so aren't so hot on trainers

IIRC ( and I am happy to be corrected) the Garmin series can measure speed, cadence and heart rate on a trainer if you switch the GPS off

You can then load up this data and display as a function of time. Distance will always however be zero

Close enough, but the distance is recorded on the Garmin using the cadence/speed sensor, so any turbo trainer rides give you all the same results as a real ride with the exception of showing you your journey on a map.

Kies

GPS tend to work on movement between two points, so aren't so hot on trainers

IIRC ( and I am happy to be corrected) the Garmin series can measure speed, cadence and heart rate on a trainer if you switch the GPS off

You can then load up this data and display as a function of time. Distance will always however be zero

Garmins with +ant sensors attached can be used on a turbo, but the 200 cannot. I use a cheap wired computer attached to the rear wheel for turbo mph

cbs

To add to the above, both of my Brytons will work happily on the trainer, recording everything, including the distance.

Both of our bikes have the Garmin speed/cadence sensor on them, which will pair just as well with Garmin or Bryton units. I have found that the speed from the sensor is preferred over the GPS speed where it is available.

The general consensus seems to be that Garmin are the best, and at the top end I would say that is true - if you want a device to record your data and also act as a navigation system, then 800 or 810 every time. If, however, you don't need any navigation, then I really would recommend the Bryton Rider 20 as it is cheaper than the Garmin 200, but has ANT+ and just works really well. There is a new Bryton out though - the Rider 60, which is a touch screen device to compete with the 800, but I have not seen any full reviews as yet.

Top Bottom