Cycle gear - what would you like/need to see?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Not so much an invention, more of an infrastructure thing: you can dock a Boris Bike in lots of places in London. What I'd like to see would be secure locking docks for personal bikes. Most of us are cycling everywhere carrying heavy locks around but we don't need the lock when we're riding, we need it when we're off the bike. Locks should be where you attach the bike. I'd be happy to pay a small charge to know that I can leave my bike safely without having to carry the ironmongery around.

Good call! I like that idea.

oliglynn

Über Member
Not relative to OPs question, but this reminded me of an incident years ago.
One of the guys on nightshift was sent out to the chinese to get some takeaway for the guys at work. Off he pedalled....and didn't return :huh:
It transpired he'd hung one bag over each side of the handlebars and set off for work. He got about 200 yards up the road....and the bottoms fell out of both bags, depositing £20s worth of chinese over the road :laugh:

He was so gutted...he went home and didn't come in till the next day.

Problem solved...

Basket.jpg

Zoiders

You can probably get them anyway if you know where to look but a mesh Hi-Viz vest that is tailored to fit properly/closely with adjustment staps and some small pockets for stuff like phones, it could also do with sewn on tabs for lights to clip on to.

Like a pilots survival vest.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General

Oh, the wily Japanee!
smile.gif

Mrs Pm has been eyeing up this basket. Looks to be well thought out, and I like the included U-lock carrier. The mount for her present wicker basket is poor.
Perhaps something similar for the OP, not necessarily anything new, as I doubt there is much that hasn't been tried before, but an improvement of an existing idea.
U-locks I find awkward to carry, and while the frame mount for the kryptonite lock works its so bulky it interferes with getting bottle out of the cage, even on an L frame.

A sort of lightweight sash that velcro's round whatever you are wearing with several pockets (similar to a money belt) Have reflective strips in places but on the front have a mobile phone pocket which can adjust in size and has two holes (which can be adjusted) so that should you not have a head cam you could position phone in such a way to record your journey to your mobile. Dragons Den here i come.......:whistle:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Another vote for the lightweight but bombproof lock. Retractable would be great, then it could be extra long without being bulky. Kind of like a tape measure.

C

chillyuk

Rant away!
Apart from the pink, I love pink, I agree with ya.
I'm not the svelte youngster I once was, but i'm fitter than most women half my age...so why do clothing companies only make womens cycling clothes in super skinny sizes? Even the size 16 stuff is nowhere near being a real 16 - I am sick of having to buy mens XL in mens colours, just for once i'd like to look slightly feminine on my bike
Rant Over
whistling.gif

I agree, but from the male perspective. Not all cyclists, male or female, are anorexic lookalikes.

Top Bottom