Cycle gear - what would you like/need to see?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Hey,

You've been given the answer!

Fat Ladies Cycling Clothing - in Red White Blue, Black & Green! NO Pink or Yellow, they're never to be seen! Or you could come up with a suitable diet for said Ladies.

Oi! I never said fat, I said large!! I'm over 6 foot & have rugby players thighs
tongue.gif

... But yes... The rockin world does go round!!

Cubist

Still wavin'
Oi! I never said fat, I said large!! I'm over 6 foot & have rugby players thighs
tongue.gif

... But yes... The rockin world does go round!!

That does it. Cold showers and a lie down is in order.

Cubist

Still wavin'
OP, how about a pair of bib-shorts with a relief arrangement, save us blokes having to stretch and bend down and the ladies having to strip off to answer the call of nature?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Not so much an invention, more of an infrastructure thing: you can dock a Boris Bike in lots of places in London. What I'd like to see would be secure locking docks for personal bikes. Most of us are cycling everywhere carrying heavy locks around but we don't need the lock when we're riding, we need it when we're off the bike. Locks should be where you attach the bike. I'd be happy to pay a small charge to know that I can leave my bike safely without having to carry the ironmongery around.

bumpity-bump! Look what I cycled past yesterday and found in the Guardian bike blog today. Bit by bit, we're slowly getting there - apparently there are only 4 installed, 2 of them in a small residential road hidden behind New Covent Garden,

bikebox_460.jpg

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Not so much an invention, more of an infrastructure thing: you can dock a Boris Bike in lots of places in London. What I'd like to see would be secure locking docks for personal bikes. Most of us are cycling everywhere carrying heavy locks around but we don't need the lock when we're riding, we need it when we're off the bike. Locks should be where you attach the bike. I'd be happy to pay a small charge to know that I can leave my bike safely without having to carry the ironmongery around.

I'd like there to be lots of bike lockers around everywhere. Banks of lockers that you could put your bike into for a quid or so that were secrely lockable with alarms linked to the police and even to my mobile phone as well as at the site itself. If my locker was tampered with my phone could let me know so that I could try and get there quick. Combined with some cctv coverage and I think bikes would be fairly secure.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
OP, how about a pair of bib-shorts with a relief arrangement, save us blokes having to stretch and bend down and the ladies having to strip off to answer the call of nature?

Surely the only answer to this problem is a flap arangement like old timer gold prospector types in cowboy movies have. It's not a very sophisticated look I'm afraid and I can't get the phrase "bomb bay doors" out of my mind...Or mud flap.

Arch

Married to Night Train

In Leicester the other week, I saw some motorbike docks that worked like that - a big tough cable that looped through the wheel. I think the lock was coin operated, so that the biker pays for their parking at the same time....

AnneW

Über Member
Moss said:
Hey,

You've been given the answer!

Fat Ladies Cycling Clothing - in Red White Blue, Black & Green! NO Pink or Yellow, they're never to be seen! Or you could come up with a suitable diet for said Ladies.​
And the "Delicate subject handled diplomatically " award of the month goes to..........​
LOL Cubist.

Reading this thread it sounds like Chinese food and cold beer are the dietary requirements of a cyclist. Brilliant. Bigger clothes needed here too :hungry:

Thomk

Guru
A large polystyrene (very light) hand attached to the side if the bike. The rider would have a control which could flip the thumb up following a good pass and down following a close or dangerous pass. Up would be accompanied by sparkling fairy lights and a loud rendition of Kenny Everett's "Brotherly Love". Down would be accompanied by a flashing red thumb, sirens, the sound of barking dogs and and shouts of oy you, oy you, oy you, oy you..........I have calculated that within the space of 18.2 years the Pavlovian Effect would render all motor vehicle users perfect overtakerers :becool:

Bigsharn

Veteran
Cycling clothes for the larger individual.

By this I mean either:
3XL+ padded shorts (wearing a layer over the top... I'm not trying to traumatize the population).
A 3XL+ wind/waterproof top layer that doesn't fall apart at the drop of a hat.
Budget cycling shoes for those with feet larger than a size 10 (just rigid soles, I'm not asking clipless)

...maybe that's just me

Top Bottom