Cycle helmet cam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Suddabym

can anyone please recommend a decent camera for my helmet I’m on a tight budget anything between £20-£40 thanks :-)

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It is advised you do not put lights or cameras on helmets.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Camera on handles bars, it would be good if you could do this, but have something attached to your head/helmet that moves the camera to where you are looking, they may all ready have them, but I bet it costs a fortune.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
To answer your question - no I can't. I bought one for £25 on eBay recently and mounted it on helmet. The daylight quality was good for the money but it was useless in poor light. It broke after 6 months. I now use one of these with a smart phone on the handle bar for a fiver but I got much better visibility of situations from the helmet mounted one:

Attachments

• IMG_20190628_125207232.jpg
    IMG_20190628_125207232.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

icowden

Veteran
It's going to be tricky on that budget. I'd look on ebay for a second hand Go_pro and get a chest or handlebar mount for it. Chest helps follow your POV a bit, but can be quite bouncy.

Drift 'Ghost X'. Good enough video quality for evidence purposes and best battery life on the market. Only £130 too. Run mine since they launched it and had no problems. As per others, put it on your bars, not your lid!

Top Bottom