Cycle Hire in the Peak District.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeman66

Hi all,

Seems as though we are heading to the Peak District for our family holiday this summer. The car is going to be packed to bursting point, which means it isn't going to be practical to take the bike with us.

Can any of you guys offer any local knowledge of where I might be able to hire a decent road bike around Tideswell-Buxton please?

Additionally, if anyone has any "must do" rides in the area I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks in advance.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
There is one at the start of the Monsal Trail near Buxton. Not sure they do road bikes though. Nice ride to Bakewell. :okay:

Tim Hall

There's bike hire on the Tissington Trail too, but I think the nearest that gets to Buxton is Parsley Hay (there's definitely a bike hire thing at Parsely Hay). After that it joins the High Peak trail.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
There is cycle hire at both ends of the Tissington/High Peak trail, good for mid-week not so at weekends but hiring one at the Parsley Hay/High Peak Junction end gives a good run down to Ashbourne (but it is a slight uphill back)
You may be able to hire a bike for several days though and they were half decent front suspension hybrids last time I was up there that come with tools/puncture kit and a pump.

Top Bottom