Cycle insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you asked your home insurance company (contents, if you have)?

Paul_L

Über Member
Individual cycle insurance policies are a rip off.

M&S Contents insurance covers individual items (including bikes) upto £4k.

When i bought me new bike i was only 2 months from my previous contents policy expiring. I just wrote it off and took out a new policy with M&S. Simples!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Another for M&S. Just renewed this morning. Did a bit of searching for a better deal but M&S proved only £20 more PLUS no excess, unlimited away from home and £6000 worth of cycles (2) and tandem (1). The cheapest policy I found from a known name company (i won't use cheap-insurance-r-us) had £200 excess on all sections of the policy.

Should I have to claim I'd expect high service levels from M&S

Paul_L

Über Member
Another for M&S. Just renewed this morning. Did a bit of searching for a better deal but M&S proved only £20 more PLUS no excess, unlimited away from home and £6000 worth of cycles (2) and tandem (1). The cheapest policy I found from a known name company (i won't use cheap-insurance-r-us) had £200 excess on all sections of the policy.

Should I have to claim I'd expect high service levels from M&S

i used the same logic. Won't take a policy with a firm i've never heard of. Been there, done that, got broken into, and the budget insurance company was a nightmare to deal with. A saving of only £20 or £30 just isn't worth it IMO. As you suggest if i have to deal with M&S (and i hope i don't) i'll expect it to be hassle free.

Top Bottom