Cycle jerseys for the tall man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all, as the thread title says, can anyone recommend a manufacturer/retailer who sells long cycle jerseys (and possibly shorts/longs with a higher waist) but not huge round about? I'm 6ft 4in tall, 34" inside leg (so the rest of me's body), 42" chest and 36" waist. I've got DHB kit at present and I've finally made up my mind that, despite persistent tugging up/down due to them not meeting in the middle with sufficient overlap, they're too short and aren't going to 'stretch in'.
I know there's manufacturers/retailers in the states who stock longer kit but I'd like to not have to sell a kidney to kit myself out if at all possible!

vickster

Legendary Member
Bib shorts resolve the issue at all?
Assos used to do shorts in different lengths but depends whether they still do and on your budget
I‘d expect the British brands like Lusso, Endurance, Altura to be more generous, just avoid race/form fit

Have a look at Stolen Goat, and send them an email to see if they have anything suitable, they’re pretty responsive 👍
https://stolengoat.com/contact/

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
I use braces with waist leggings/shorts. Bib shorts etc don't have the same issue, but I did find them uncomfortable after breaking collar bones. So I went back to waist bottoms and braces so I could get the tension just right.

Sorry, should have said, I've got a 'thing' about bib shorts, in that whenever I was wearing the pair I had one before I'd need a pee five minutes after putting them on so would have to get my jersey off to, ahem, 'do the necessary' so it put me off them. vickster I'll have a look at the suppliers you've recommended to see if there's anything suitable.

Hi all, as the thread title says, can anyone recommend a manufacturer/retailer who sells long cycle jerseys (and possibly shorts/longs with a higher waist) but not huge round about? I'm 6ft 4in tall, 34" inside leg (so the rest of me's body), 42" chest and 36" waist. I've got DHB kit at present and I've finally made up my mind that, despite persistent tugging up/down due to them not meeting in the middle with sufficient overlap, they're too short and aren't going to 'stretch in'.
I know there's manufacturers/retailers in the states who stock longer kit but I'd like to not have to sell a kidney to kit myself out if at all possible!
Its annoying isn't it? Even 2XL and 3XL is often too short. Polaris and bigger fit MTB tops are ok, anything Italian, no chance.

vickster

Legendary Member
Pearl Izumi non race fit might come up a big longer being a US brand.

Ref bibs, most blokes say they just pull the front down?

si_c

Guru
I've a similar problem at 6'5" and 42" chest 34" waist. What I find worse though are long sleeve jerseys the arms are usually 2" too short.

Edit to add I'm planning on trying some more expensive brands like castelli, but have a sneaky suspicion I'll end up buying custom.

sheddy

Legendary Member
and waterproof jackets

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
It's not about a "relaxed" fit. It's the length. I'm 6'4, it's impossible to get long enough.

"Showers Pass" jackets are very good for length.

I've never found any jerseys long enough, in in the arms or back. XXL means XX fat, you end up flapping around and still too short.

BITD enduro did an extra long option for bespoke club orders and I got a couple of those, very good.

I have heard that Lusso will do one-offs if you ring them up, not done it myself yet but maybe worth a try.

si_c

Guru
It's not about a "relaxed" fit. It's the length. I'm 6'4, it's impossible to get long enough.

"Showers Pass" jackets are very good for length.

I've never found any jerseys long enough, in in the arms or back. XXL means XX fat, you end up flapping around and still too short.

BITD enduro did an extra long option for bespoke club orders and I got a couple of those, very good.

I have heard that Lusso will do one-offs if you ring them up, not done it myself yet but maybe worth a try.

I was thinking Lusso too for the same reason, that and their kit is supposed to be really good

philtalksbx

Über Member
I join in the search for long-body jerseys.

I have some old shoulder injuries so reach around the back is limited and sometimes painful. Low-set pockets are a must but can be quite rare and thus detail tends not to be published in the size guides. I have a PlanetX 360 short sleeve jersey that is the best I have ever found. Only bought one and of course it is now discontinued. Will be threadbare soon so the search resumes.

DaveM77

I’m the same but slightly bigger. 6’5 but 48 inch chest. I resorted to eBay and found a couple of suppliers on there cater for 4xl. Only downside is the wait whilst order comes from China. Fdx shorts fit really well I find

I've a similar problem at 6'5" and 42" chest 34" waist. What I find worse though are long sleeve jerseys the arms are usually 2" too short.

Edit to add I'm planning on trying some more expensive brands like castelli, but have a sneaky suspicion I'll end up buying custom.
No chance with Castlelli, it would be tight on my old action man :laugh:

Looks like I;m not alone! I'll follow-up some of the links above and see where I get. It peeves me that if you're average/short you can have things that are too long hemmed up/down to suit, whereas we're just supposed to conjure extra material out of thin air? I'll keep looking and report back if I find anything :smile:

Top Bottom