Cycle Parking at National Railway Museum York

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bornagain

Hi

I'm going to a meeting at the National Railway Museum in York on Thursday and I fancy making a ride out of it. The question is, do they have any very secure cycle parking ?

Anybody out there have an idea ?

Regards

P.

Arch

Married to Night Train
There are some standard Sheffield stands by the main entrance - is that secure enough? It's not a spot anyone would be passing unless they were going to the museum.

If you're going to a meeting, could you arrange to take the bike in with you?

OP
OP
B

bornagain

Its a 90 mile round trip so I'd like to go on my best bike but that leaves me a lttle nervous leaving it outside in a normal bike parking area.

By the time I twigged that cycling was a possibility, the Museum has closed for the night and if i cycle I need to be leaving the house well before it opens in the morning - hence I'm in a bit of a quandry - do I take the bike and risk it, or is it better to just go in the car ?

Sitting through a full day meeting with a load of strangers in full lycra will be a bit odd...so perhaps a bike in the corner of the meeting room won't look to unusual by comparison....but will the NRM let me in with my bike ?

P

Arch

Married to Night Train
I have no idea - if you're at a meeting, maybe, but maybe not.

Have you got decent locks? If you have more than one, and can bring them, do. As I said, the cycle rack isn't on a main road or anything...

Alternatively, you could park it at the station and hide it among the massed bikes there - but I think the station would be more of a thief magnet.

OP
OP
B

bornagain

Arch

Thanks of the info.

If the late night weather forecast looks good then I think I'll chance it and stroll in looking confident.....It surprising what a bit of cheek can a achieve.

P.

Top Bottom