[Cycle Path] Dear Denbighshire County Council

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guyincognito76

If it's too narrow to fully stencil your bike logo, then it's probably too narrow to cycle down

image.jpg

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have no idea where that is. There appears to be a dual carriageway in the background which makes me think that it is near St Asaph but then I know that it isnt near there. Another possibility is that it is over the hills and out of the clywdian range, however you have said that it is in Denbighshire.
Its now annoying me that I dont know where it is.

markharry66

Über Member
call in Damon Hurst its a work of surreal art I am impressed will have to chip it out and hang it in the tate modern

aces_up1504

OK its little bit stupid and funny.

But honeslty there easy looks enough room to pass a bike through it. At ground level what does a cyclist need around 18 inches or so.

Its also made to look a lot worse by the fact the grass has grown into the road.

Looks daft but i dont think its dangerous.

OP
OP
Guyincognito76

Guyincognito76

It's actually narrower than in looks in the photograph, but of course you 'could' fit down it. I've never actually attempted to ride down it though, it's just not naturally where you'd go if you approached that, is it?

Plax

Guru
I don't think it's that bad. I'd use it if there was an oncoming vehicle and nothing behind me so I didn't have to stop. Guaranteed the oncoming vehicle won't stop to give way even if you've already started to go round the bollard. It's a traffic calming measure to make it possible for only one car to pass through. It's not as if it's for the whole stretch.

OP
OP
Guyincognito76

Guyincognito76

It's a chicane used to slow down stupid, speeding drivers who might miss the turning and crash into the expressway's side barriers. I wonder why the safety of cyclists is always less important than the safety of 'stupid, speeding drivers'? ;)

The road is too quiet to be considered dangerous, but the design does, if not force, then encourage cyclists on to the right- hand side of the road.

I find it humorous, is all. ;)

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It's a stupid design. The keep right arrow is one of the "signs giving orders" in the HC so the cyclist should obey it, leaving the daft cycle path element redundant.

GC

Top Bottom