[Cycle Path] Dear Denbighshire County Council

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Guyincognito76

Guyincognito76

Denbighshire Council are just trying to keep up with Conwy Council.
image.jpg

Plax

Guru
LOL, is that along the shore over Colwyn Bay end? There is no reason why they couldn't have made that one a bit straighter.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Meanwhile, over the border in England, there is this which I don't understand the point of.

You have to turn in to a side road to join it, it takes you about 100 yards along the pavement then you rejoin the road at the junction just after the crossing. Or you could just stay on the road and sail through in a few seconds.:wacko:

It's been there about 15 years now and I have yet to see a cyclist use it for some reason.;)

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
With that lane, you can see a very narrow straight line that goes through the whole section. When commuting along there, I tend to just take the straightest line or avoid the path entirely and use the road. It tires me out when I have to swerve around it (much narrower than in the picture).

I dislike those things. There's something similar on a favourite run of mine through Bronllys. It is Yuckity and full of sharp nastinesses.

The 'cycle' part of a narrowed section is often full of grit and glass shards, so I ignore it and stick to the main carriageway.

There is much to be said for cycling where a road sweeper clears the surface, rather than in the margin or separate lane onto which the sweeper and other traffic often redistribute the debris.

Carry on.

400bhp

Guru
[QUOTE 2392974, member: 45"]There's nothing wrong with that cut-through, unless you're on a trike.

What makes the facility badly designed is that whichever way you're coming from you're spat out into opposing traffic.[/quote]

So there's something wrong with it then :whistle:

400bhp

Guru
[QUOTE 2393077, member: 45"]There's nothing wrong with the cut-through, so if there was only a one-sided chicane it would be fine. It's wide enough to cycle through.

It's the fact that there are two on opposite sides which is the problem.[/quote]

Never ever use them cut throughs.

1) there's likely to be debris in them

2) out of the drivers line of sight

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
[QUOTE 2393096, member: 45"]..... and often I could flow through them and overtake a few cars at the same time.[/quote]

You mean undertake?

It is an exceedingly dangerous layout as, in the eye of the motorist, it removes the cyclist from the road and then places them straight back into the traffic flow just as the point where the pinch leaves no room for both! Stupid drivers will simply drive along 'their' clear bit of road until the cyclist 'appears' and then crunch!

aces_up1504

You mean undertake?

It is an exceedingly dangerous layout as, in the eye of the motorist, it removes the cyclist from the road and then places them straight back into the traffic flow just as the point where the pinch leaves no room for both! Stupid drivers will simply drive along 'their' clear bit of road until the cyclist 'appears' and then crunch!

I agree, If using the road, cyclists should follow the motorist in stopping at the give way sign

Idoru

Denbighshire Council are just trying to keep up with Conwy Council. View attachment 21352

Rode through this this afternoon and the cycle lane marking was extremely useful... it perfectly marked out the door zone of all the parked cars!

Had 2 doors swing out towards me in the space of about 200 yards, and one car seemed to vomit a small child into my path from behind a door. Interesting day on the coast :laugh:

Top Bottom