Cycle paths

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
Hi, with the partial commute I do most days now I'm able to use quite a few cycle paths to avoid the worst traffic, but at one point the path goes through a residential estate.

My question is, can I report cars that are parked on the cycle path? seems harsh but as I pointed out to one moron when he screamed for me to get off the road, his neighbours transit is parked on the cycle path.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
You can report them, but it won't do any good.

Drago

Legendary Member
You can report them, but it won't do any good.

Yurp. In almost every part of the country the parking regs have been decriminalised and devolved to the local authorities, usually the county councils. The councils don't care, and at most might employ a private parking enforcement firm to deal with town centres and stuff where there's money to be made. The Feds retain only emergency powers in that regard now. Tony B.Liars government did that, but didn't quite think it through all the way.

They should give the powers to the Army, and permit them to use them as practice for Challenger tanks to crush and generally target.

Reactions: mjr

Globalti

Legendary Member
You need to cultivate a look of dark scorn for idiots like that. Deliver the look then ride away.

Brandane

Legendary Member
In this kind of situation, you need to do an instant risk assessment; i.e. How big is the opponent? How angry is he? Does he have access to a weapon?

If the answers add up to you being in line for a pasting, then take Vickster's advice. If you fancy your chances then hang about, take the piss out of the neanderthal, and be prepared for it to turn physical - which won't be a problem if you have done a good job of the risk assessment. If you haven't, be prepared to revert to Vickster's advice.

Top Bottom