Cycle Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I did the whole of Scotland last year and it was magnificent. For me, the best part by far was the stretch from Dingwall-Lairg-Tongue-Durness-Scourie-Ullapool-Shieldaig, usually on A-roads, but often single-track with passing places and almost no traffic. Yes, the midges are a pain but the scenery is worth it. Make sure you stock up on food whenever you can. You can go tens of miles without a shop. Have a good one!

robing

Über Member
Starting and finishing in oban. Ferry to Barra, then do an outer Hebrides end to end. Ferry from Tarbert to Skye. Cycle from Uig to Armadale. Ferry to
Mallaig. Cycle to Kilchoan (Ardnamurchan). Visit most westerly point in mainland Britain. Ferry to Tobermory. Explore Mull. Ferry to Oban. I did this in 2015.

Kbrook

Veteran
Starting and finishing in oban. Ferry to Barra, then do an outer Hebrides end to end. Ferry from Tarbert to Skye. Cycle from Uig to Armadale. Ferry to
Mallaig. Cycle to Kilchoan (Ardnamurchan). Visit most westerly point in mainland Britain. Ferry to Tobermory. Explore Mull. Ferry to Oban. I did this in 2015.
How many days did this take you?

Some years ago on one of my trips to the outer Hebrides, I used the local bus service to return south for part of the Route, however I dont know if it is still possible to do so now

pjd57

Veteran
I haven't tried this one but always fancied it for a day out.

http://www.sustrans.org.uk/ncn/map/route/forth-and-clyde
I live in Glasgow and cycle on the canal path a lot. Glasgow to the Kelpies is a 50 odd miles round trip.
If are touring I'd suggest Bowling at the Clyde all the way through to the Kelpies then head north or south depending where else you want to see.
If you decide to head back to Glasgow , allow a bit more time , it's always into the wind.

Top Bottom