cycle show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I went to the cycle show at Earls Court yesterday; the only recumbents i saw in the exhibition hall were the Bacchettas on the same stand as the airnimal bikes;
I saw a couple of low recumbents in the bike park area ; a front wheel drive like a raptobike and a challenge of some sort, and i was there with my yellow spirit.
Did I miss any other recumbents on other stands??
bob

dataretriever

No you didn't. I was there yesterday and was hugely dissappointed with the lack of recumbents or pretty much anything that wasn't a MTB or road bike. Folders were well covered by Bromptons, Dahons and the previosuly mentioned Airnimals but very little else. I don't think I'll bother again...

PaulM

Guru
No Bacchetta

bobcolover said:
I went to the cycle show at Earls Court yesterday; the only recumbents i saw in the exhibition hall were the Bacchettas on the same stand as the airnimal bikes;
I saw a couple of low recumbents in the bike park area ; a front wheel drive like a raptobike and a challenge of some sort, and i was there with my yellow spirit.
Did I miss any other recumbents on other stands??
bob

I was there Sat, and there was no Bacchetta on the airnimal stand when I looked. There was a Flevobike Green Machine. I spotted the Raptobike too. No Dahon stand this year. I enjoyed the Moulton and Pashley stands, but I agree - disappointing for recumbents. Why no appearance by ICE or KMX Karts who both exhibited at Interbike?

PaulM said:
I was there Sat, and there was no Bacchetta on the airnimal stand when I looked. There was a Flevobike Green Machine. I spotted the Raptobike too. No Dahon stand this year. I enjoyed the Moulton and Pashley stands, but I agree - disappointing for recumbents. Why no appearance by ICE or KMX Karts who both exhibited at Interbike?

With no sign of the "local" London based recumbent shops such as
BikeFix + London Recumbents at the show .
My guess is the stand space in London cost more than a trip to exhibit in the
STATES or EUROPE :tongue:

byegad

Legendary Member
I suspect the reaon is two fold. Mr Magoo may well be correct on the price, and IMHO ICE have been able to sell all they can produce over the last couple of years anyway.

dataretriever

You can go here to fill in the aftershow survey and give your comments and suggestions.

stevew

Yup, you're right, not much of a recumbent showing.
But wasn't that Corsa 24 on the Bacchetta stand beautiful ?
I want one, I need one, I can't afford one !

SteveD

I've ridden that very bike at Bike-to-be... rides beautifully - convinced me to sell the RatRacer SL and order a Carbon Aero

Top Bottom