Cycle Snobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The bastards

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Some roadies might be like that, but that doesn't speak for all of them. I am a 'roadie' now in the sense that I predominantly ride road bikes, but I rode hybrids for many years and loved it. I did my first 50 miler on a hybrid. Congratulations on your first 50 miler as well! Next time you get a dirty look, try and overtake the offender on a hill and show them up.

They been giving you evils?
little-britain-vicky-pollard.jpg

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. There is another thread about cyclists not waving or saying hello to fellow cyclists. It's all relevent. Some will wave, some will ignore you. Some will have all the gear and brand new 3 grand bikes, and won't acknowledge anyone else who doesn't ride a bike worth as much as theirs.

On the other hand, there will be fellow cyclists who ride a BSO and will ride along with stupid grins on their faces, and will wave and talk to anyone.

Just enjoy your ride and if along the way someone acknowledges you, then you will have a win win situation. And well done on achieving your first 50 mile ride.

vickster

Legendary Member
Don't sweat it, just ride

Doobiesis

Über Member
I thought that. I started cycling on a hybrid and noticed cycle snobbery. But they're the same now I'm on a racer.

Some cyclists think they're above everyone else and don't give the customary nod. Others I think are so engrossed in achieving a goal, they don't notice you.

As Vickster said, don't sweat it. Just enjoy the 'camaraderie' from those who do. I nod to everyone, on anything! Even been known to nod to horses!

Top Bottom