Cycle Snobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
Today I noticed a few people on road bikes giving me dirty looks because I don't ride a road bike but a hybrid.
I'm surprised you can identify a dirty look from a roadie, most of the ones I see are shy types who disguise their identity by wearing coloured eye masks, funny hats and nondescript clothing.

560006.png

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I've been cycling for six months on and off now and on Thursday I cycled 50 miles for the first time and another 40 today. Today I noticed a few people on road bikes giving me dirty looks because I don't ride a road bike but a hybrid.
One should just throw a cursory acknowledgement their way,
those lower roadie classes should know their place.:laugh:

I find a friendly bunch when out, I must say.
One kind roadie shouted great encouragement the other day whilst I was peching up a Cat 4
'Move yer erse, big yin'

Toodle pip!
Well done on the 50:okay:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
You ride a hybrid! I don't think I'd even look at you.
That implies you would actually see them. I is completely blind to all except ticarbstainlessblingtastic models from this year, innit.

OP. Who gives a flying one? Concentrate on improving your speed and then cruise past the bludgers, preferably with a wicker basket on the front...

MBR magazine dissed my mountain bike in a review. I was bothered by it for all of 1 minute and 25 seconds.

I live in the real world where I don't have thousands to spend and buy bikes outside of my needs and capabilities. I've not met anyone yet who discussed the merits of wheelies on berms or how difficult a life you have if you're trying to do a bunny hop with flat pedals on the way to the bothy. Not even the young daring things in Wharncliffe scoff at me on my measly hardtail.

But then I'm too busy having fun to give a toss about anyone else's opinion.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Thinking about it, in the "road" group I ride with, one of them rides a flat bar hybrid and we don't think of him being different. I think any perception issue is more in your head than anyone else's.

their stuff, not yours.
I'd argue it's not their stuff, it's CycleD's.

@CycleD decides the looks on passing strangers faces are dirty, that they are directed at CycleD, and are because of the hybrid. Everything seems to be happening inside CycleD's head.

As a proud possessor of a resting bitch face, I'd prefer people didn't impugn motives from a glancing facial expression.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I've been cycling for six months on and off now and on Thursday I cycled 50 miles for the first time and another 40 today. Today I noticed a few people on road bikes giving me dirty looks because I don't ride a road bike but a hybrid.
Yep it's all in your head, just ride your bike. You could just get a road bike, might make you think differently.

Top Bottom