Cycle Storage Suggestions / Recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

terry huckle

Had my bikes in my shed, one hanging on brackets on the wall, t`other free standing. Shed was locked. One dark and not so stormy night, thieves removed shed door by unscrewing hinges and made off with the road bike.

Now have suitable measures in place, including infra red motion detector alarm, and some other stuff.

Bike number three hangs on wall in garage.

chipmonster

terry huckle said:
Had my bikes in my shed, one hanging on brackets on the wall, t`other free standing. Shed was locked. One dark and not so stormy night, thieves removed shed door by unscrewing hinges and made off with the road bike.

Now have suitable measures in place, including infra red motion detector alarm, and some other stuff.

My bike is in the shed, always worried is going to get pinched.

Where have you got your motion detectors from

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you have them in a shed, then you can get re-inforced shed shackles -
http://www.torc-anchors.com/shed-shackle.php

My bikes are in the garage - all used to be hung up properly, but as the kids collection of motorised stuff, and my need for access to my commuter, the car's been chucked out.

Best bike is anchored to the ground - nearly blew a drill up fitting the anchor - 6" of concrete. Other bikes are hung up, or just leant against the garage wall - seriously thinking about the decathlon stands now, as just three of the £9.99 ones would be ideal. Just need to work on my wife to clear out her rubbish from the garage.

OP
OP
E

Ed68

I've just bought two of them Aldi cycle hanging doodah's.

I'm sure I'll have fun fitting them over the weekend and will try and come back on here to let you know what I think.

They seem pretty simple to fit and at just a fiver each are pretty 'cheap'.

(I bought a gel saddle cover for the wife as well but didn't bother for myself as I'm hard0

OP
OP
E

Ed68

I've fitted the aldi bike lifts and wrote that I'd let you know how I got on.

TBH, I'm sh!te at DIY but these things are really simple to fit. it took me an hour to fit each one but that was mainly because I had to fit some boards between the garage joists to attach the lifts too.

They got fitted on Saturday morning - I've had them up and down like [insert your own saying] and they are smooth and simple to use. Most importantly they are still up and appear to be pretty solid.

Not bad for a fiver - if there are any left I'd recommend them.

Downward

Guru
terry huckle said:

Hmm That reminds me I must go check out my Hinges - Was thinking of stripping the heads so you can't unscrew them but I best most theives just crowbar them off.

Wonder if it would be legal to Install a 500watt PIR Halogen Spotlight in there so if someone get's in it triggers it and blinds them !

Wonder how much these things are ?
http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/rdon...4-9DF9-F19BB16FBCED/0/FiltonStationLocker.jpg

shimano

at the risk of hijacking a thread or even being completely inappropriate may I add my disappointment of the service offered by the Edin Bike Co-op. I suspect they're resting on previously deserved laurels and if anyone who has any influence with them is reading this please tell them to wake up and have a look around, there are other bike shops. Mods, if I'm out of order please delete.

Top Bottom