Cycle to work alternative.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are the company running their own C2W scheme or running it via a company? If they are running their own perhaps they could hook up with someone like cyclesolutions who do all the admin and simply tell the employer how much to deduct. Other than that there isn't much apart from the local bike shop sometimes do interest free finance over 12/18 months, If you can get a bike in the sale than the savings are sometimes more than the C2W?

vickster

Legendary Member
This ^^^ Interest free credit or an IFC CC. But you don't get the tax savings as you'll be paying out of pocket. However, buying with 'cash' should get you more bargaining power especially if looking at outgoing models. You may find you get a better bike for the same outlay

I guess an issue could arise if you have a very poor credit rating and can't get the finance or credit card

OP
OP
Freds Dad

Freds Dad

Veteran
The ironic thing is that I work for an NHS Trust and you would think that they would encourage staff cycling to work. Unfortunately financial cuts mean that C2W schemes are not a work priority.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Are the company running their own C2W scheme or running it via a company? If they are running their own perhaps they could hook up with someone like cyclesolutions who do all the admin and simply tell the employer how much to deduct. Other than that there isn't much apart from the local bike shop sometimes do interest free finance over 12/18 months, If you can get a bike in the sale than the savings are sometimes more than the C2W?
cycle solutions are the worst company to deal with - shocking customer service and they hardly stock any of the bikes they show on their website - my colleague had to choose 3 different bikes due to stock issues and no longer stocking the bikes, even though their site had all 3 bikes as showing in stock. my other colleague's bike turned up with a busted rear derraullier hanger and they said take it up with the courier - dreadful service

Top Bottom