Cycle to work day 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I did notice this but wasn't planning on doing anything different. Thanks for the link though as I have now pledged and sent the boss a challenge to see if it encourages anyone else to gave a go. Worth a shot.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I'm a cycle commuter for the whole year so the Cycle to Work day means nothing to me especially as every year they've held it I've either been on leave (as I am this year) or it's been my rest day so I've never taken part!

Miles have been pledged anyhow for the free draw and I may ride past the office as a token gesture as I did last year.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I will do a one way commute only as working the 12th night coming home on 13th morning but then have a day off.

maybe I could win half a pair of bib tights or something.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
For the 2nd year running I'm on leave so I won't be commuting, but I'll be cycling from Oxford to Thrapston, so I've pledged the miles & will tag it as a commute on Strava :smile: Despite running the C2W scheme through Halfords, my employer doesn't do anything to promote this day so don't think there's anyone from the 100 or so at work that will cycle in, that normally drives.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Not sure about day off rides: the website terms say: "Cycle to Work Day will ask entrants if they rode on September 13th as part of the validation process, Cycle to Work Day also retains the right to contact the entrants employer to attempt to validate their claim should the need arise"

Slick

Guru
Aye, so they will. My employer wouldn't have a clue if I cycled in or walked on my hands.

dodgy

At least near here (Chester area), the only people who will commute to work by bike tomorrow are the already converted. Storm Aileen will be here with high winds and rain.

hoppym27

with the weather warnings we have in place for tomorrow morning i wont be cycling to work tomorrow...not worth getting blown into the canal!

Top Bottom