Cycle to Work - Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
If C2W they have a list of manufacturers on the C2W pages. I don't think they have all brands though
They have all brands bar own brands like Merlin, Planet X, Ribble, etc, for obvious reasons.

vickster

Legendary Member
Fair enough, but who pays RRP for a Defy? Kind of negates C2W :smile: guess the poster above doesn't have too much choice now

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Not on the list here, no sign of Trek, Giant, Specialized, Cannondale etc

http://www.cycle2work.info/siteadvicecentrebrand

Yes, there are other stores that take halfords vouchers, but it didn't read like they were essentially giving him a refund, but an in store exchange
Just out of interest I notice Kinesis on the list on halfords c2w website. What sort of build can you get for £1k on C2W ? Pity they don`t do complete bikes.

Edit. can see there are cheaper frame options so doable. Cheaper I think will mean heavier, which is ok but don`t want something to weighty for a CX.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
There are kinesis builds. I think wiggle sell?

CX will be heavier than a road bike at the same price point

I'd look at Ridley if wanting a CX, or a merlin clone

Denny17

So get another brand from them. You can pick anything you like as long as a major brand and full priced.
Yes I understand that - the thing is there isn't an equivalent bike they offer that I want so I would prefer another brand entirely e.g. Specialized. I'd imagined that as the goods were faulty a retailer is obliged to offer a refund.

bpsmith

Veteran
Yes I understand that - the thing is there isn't an equivalent bike they offer that I want so I would prefer another brand entirely e.g. Specialized. I'd imagined that as the goods were faulty a retailer is obliged to offer a refund.
Have a look on the Halfords C2W website. There's a telephone number on there where you can speak to them about sourcing other brands. I got my Giant Defy 1 from them in this way.

They can't refund you, as it's not your bike! You are simply leasing it from your company during the C2W period set.

How about the Boardman CX in the Halfords sale? If your voucher does not come through in time as long as you reserve and ring before it expires they will honour the price when you get your voucher.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just joined the Forum and saw this conversation. I had a Boardman CX Team from Halfords. Three faulty bottom brackets later I want to return it (all within 3 months). They said I have to have another bike from them but I would like to return it and start again with another brand.
@chris harte i don't think that's the way he'll want to go based on his first post

If the bike is not fit for purpose, I don't see why they can't cancel the C2W voucher, then you can get another (or just buy the bike you want in the sales on an interest free CC or credit offered by the the retailer if no cash available). C2W for an RRP bike doesn't always equate to a better saving than just buying a bike on sale

There are local bikes shops which take Halfords C2W, mine does and us a Specialized dealer

Go speak to your HR department who administer C2W and discuss. Or does your company offer any sort of legal helpline, or try CAB

Denny17

@chris harte i don't think that's the way he'll want to go based on his first post

If the bike is not fit for purpose, I don't see why they can't cancel the C2W voucher, then you can get another (or just buy the bike you want in the sales on an interest free CC or credit offered by the the retailer if no cash available). C2W for an RRP bike doesn't always equate to a better saving than just buying a bike on sale

There are local bikes shops which take Halfords C2W, mine does and us a Specialized dealer

Go speak to your HR department who administer C2W and discuss. Or does your company offer any sort of legal helpline, or try CAB
I'm the business owner as well as the employee and have now spoken to Halfords Credit Control people. They seem to think it's not a problem to credit my company with the full amount - which is very different to the initial response I got from the local Halfords branch. Anyway, it now seems to be solved so thanks to those who have chipped in with suggestions.

Top Bottom