Cycle to Work - Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Before what happens? Evans open until 8 I think mostly. There's no commitment, just a penny on bank card and photo ID required

OP
OP
saul

saul

I finish at 6.30, and as it's ramadan, totally :tired:

vickster

Legendary Member
Pinnacle
Carbon fork = +1
Black paint job = -5

Also, I'm a SRAM girl so if I wanted a CX, I'd be building my own!

vickster

Legendary Member
Well indeed. Why on earth would I want to do it myself, when someone capable is happy to be paid to do so ;) Same with DIY, gardening, plumbing, electrics...

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
The discussion may have moved past this point but a few weeks ago Mr Spinney bought a bike from Evans on C2W - they were running a promotion with a 'trade in' price for your old bike - so he got £50 (I think) off for a bike that was worth much less than that, as well as the C2W benefits. So they do allow their discounts on C2W bikes.

vickster

Legendary Member
Do like a good tinker with me bikes tho!
Nah sod that!

Wafer

Veteran
Unfortunately difficult to get colourful cx bikes in that price bracket it seems!
Saul, I see you started a thread asking about pinnacle vs norco vs boardman and didn't get any replies :sad: However as vickster said, carbon fork is worth going for. I've spent 4/5 years riding an alloy forked hybrid, just got a carbon forked road bike, sooooooooooooooooooooo much difference on our bumpy roads!

On that basis, Pinnacle One and Norco A2 both have the better forks than the TCX2 and Boardman Comp. Are you able to stretch to £900? I see the Pinnacle Arkose 3 is that price on Evans atm, some 105 kit (spec above tiagra) and BB7 discs which seem to be the mechanical disc standard by which others are compared. Though at that price there's also the Boardman CX Team which does have carbon forks as well, so I'm assuming you weren't going that high.

Otherwise the Norco A2 has some better gear components (more tiagra than sora) and probably worse brakes compared to the Pinnacle 1.

I think if I could build my own bike, I would! I do it with computers for this reason, struggle to find one that has all the stuff I want!

Wafer

Veteran
Based on internet pics, I don't disagree. Based purely on looks, ignoring spec, I'd probably end up with either the boardman comp or caddx sora. Both mostly black though smart looking at least :smile: (having just bought a bike with the same colour scheme as the caadx sora I can't complain too much!)

OP
OP
saul

saul

Unfortunately difficult to get colourful cx bikes in that price bracket it seems!
Saul, I see you started a thread asking about pinnacle vs norco vs boardman and didn't get any replies :sad:

I did indeed, but have now been given some sound advise and have now narrowed it down to a few bikes.

Are you able to stretch to £900?

I didn't really want to spend that much, as it will mainly be used for my daily commute to work, 10 mile round trip (Initially was looking at a normal road bike, but recently discovered a few routes that involve a gravel path and a bit of a dirt trail, hence opted for the cyclocross).

I can't really justify the additional costing at this moment in time. Maybe at a later stage I'll just upgrade the parts.

OP
OP
saul

saul

Bit of a random question, considering I am now seeing 2015 models on certain sites, am I better off to wait for a while in the hope that these bikes may come down?

Top Bottom