Cycle to work scheme limit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
What sort of company do you have? Limited or sole? I'm sure there are benefits over being employed. Which is why I prefer a day rate contract through the limited company as opposed to fixed term payroll. If I were to commute on it, I believe I could have a company bike.

Sole trader.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sole trader.
Go limited? :smile:

screenman

Legendary Member
Of course there are tax benefits to being self employed, as long as it's bone fide. Umbrella schemes are becoming increasingly popular for individuals instead of forming a ltd company but either way, if you use a bike for work, it's tax deductible.

It is not tax deductable to use a bike to get to and from work for the self employed, only if you use it for work. Unlike the scheme we are talking about.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It is not tax deductable to use a bike to get to and from work for the self employed, only if you use it for work. Unlike the scheme we are talking about.
Ah but your place of work as self employed is usually your home, so if you are using your bike to get to work, I.e,going to your clients premises then you can claim a tax deduction of, I think, 20p per mile. That works if you are a limited company or a sole trader.

screenman

Legendary Member
Ah but your place of work as self employed is usually your home, so if you are using your bike to get to work, I.e,going to your clients premises then you can claim a tax deduction of, I think, 20p per mile. That works if you are a limited company or a sole trader.

Half a ton of tools and more could be a problem.

Slick

Guru

Maybe another possible incentive in the future.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...cling-work-commute-sarahstorey-britishcycling

Top Bottom