Cycle to work scheme MTB for 1k.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru

KneesUp

Guru
Thread drift is one thing, but to do so in the first reply is a bit early.

Might I politely suggest that in this thread we stick to helping the OP choose a bike?

Use/misuse of the scheme could be discussed in another thread.too

To be fair the title is "Cycle to Work scheme MTB" and the first post is

I'm going to get a mountain bike for the summer to do some single track in the beautiful forests of the U.k.
What's the best bang for buck MTB for a grand?

I would like 2 chain rings at the front as opposed to 3 ideally.

Kind regards.

So it's fair enough to ask what it's going to be used for - the title says it's for commuting and the message says it isn't.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
To be fair the title is "Cycle to Work scheme MTB" and the first post is

So it's fair enough to ask what it's going to be used for - the title says it's for commuting and the message says it isn't.

Read the first line of the OP: "I'm going to get a mountain bike for the summer to do some single track in the beautiful forests of the U.k."

Mmm, now what part of the use of this bike have you not been told about?

Think carefully, now.

KneesUp

Guru
Read the first line of the OP: "I'm going to get a mountain bike for the summer to do some single track in the beautiful forests of the U.k."

Mmm, now what part of the use of this bike have you not been told about?

Think carefully, now.
We've been told two purposes. The financing of it implies that it's main role will be commuting. The description of it's use implies it's main use will not be commuting. Ergo asking for clarification is fine.

Also, when did you get appointed to the role of telling other people what to do?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
We've been told two purposes. The financing of it implies that it's main role will be commuting. The description of it's use implies it's main use will not be commuting. Ergo asking for clarification is fine.

Also, when did you get appointed to the role of telling other people what to do?

I suggested politely a discussion about the scheme should best be held elsewhere.

You are either naive, or being deliberately obtuse, if you think the financing implies a bike for commuting.

But you post what you like and derail as many threads as you like - matters not to me.

KneesUp

Guru
I suggested politely a discussion about the scheme should best be held elsewhere.

You are either naive, or being deliberately obtuse, if you think the financing implies a bike for commuting.

But you post what you like and derail as many threads as you like - matters not to me.
The financing is called the Cycle to Work scheme - it's in the thread title. I think the 'to work' part of it implies a use quite strongly.

You can call me whatever you wish, but you can also rest assured that it was only your attempt at telling people what they should and shouldn't post that encouraged me to post anything at all in this thread.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
It will be used, for commuting, to see my nan, to do single track & also to pop wheelies showing off to the nuns over on church street. Knees up with a classic thread crapping spree *claps* Brilliant work, Bravo!!

KneesUp

Guru
Your initial post and thread title are in conflict in a way that *suggests* that you are planning to commit fraud. You can say now "yeah well I'm going to commute on it too" but there is no suggestion of that in your opening post. Equally the argument that 'loads of people get inappropriate bikes via cycle to work' is no more valid than saying any other kind of benefit fraud is fine because other people do it.

If you're going to commute on it, fine. But you must accept that your opening post does not suggest that and as such questioning it was legitimate. Perhaps if you want to avoid "thread crapping" you might wish to consider writing posts which are less misleading in future?

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
It will be used, for commuting, to see my nan, to do single track & also to pop wheelies showing off to the nuns over on church street. Knees up with a classic thread crapping spree *claps* Brilliant work, Bravo!!
You don't have to justify to anyone what use your new bike is for!
Just ignore the holier than thou tossers you occasionally come across on here.

Top Bottom