Cycle to Work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G3CWI

Veteran
About to start commuting. Have a new bike and wonder if I can use the c2w system to buy wheels, tyres, saddle bag, jacket, lights, tools etc?

vickster

Legendary Member
I think you have to buy a bike, but you can spend the rest on 'safety equipment' - but there has to be a bike in there

Get an interest free CC?

Leaway2

Lycrist
Bit of a late reply, but this is on the Evans site.(My bold)

You cannot purchase non-essential items such as:
• Downhill helmets
• Energy food
• Car racks
• Child trailers / tag-a-longs
• Computers, GPS units, heart rate monitors
• Individual components such as wheels, brakes, sadles, chains, handlebars etc

Leaway2

Lycrist
yep you cant buy components but you can (or shortly will be able to) buy accessories
Have you used it Lee? Did you find it advantageous?
I asked some time ago and was told the company did not participate. The boss came up yesterday and said "who told you that?". Well it was HR. So now I may be able to use it and as the bike is a few years old N=1 beckons.
PS the boss is looking to buy a bike I think :thumbsup:.

Lee_M

Guru
I havent used it as I decided that I didn't need a new commuter bike (I am rarely at the office so the chances of getting much use out of it are low), and if I did want another bike (of course I do!) then I didnt want what was available at that price.

also the changes in the tax laws make it only marginally worth doing unless you need the free loan facility

Leaway2

Lycrist
I havent used it as I decided that I didn't need a new commuter bike (I am rarely at the office so the chances of getting much use out of it are low), and if I did want another bike (of course I do!) then I didnt want what was available at that price.

also the changes in the tax laws make it only marginally worth doing unless you need the free loan facility
Thanks. Yes I think I may as well get the free "on the drip" if it is available.

Top Bottom