Cycle Touring with a trailer like this...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobinS

Veteran
Hi JBTinEU17, I bought mine secondhand locally - I paid £40, the previous owner had used it transporting stuff backwards and forwards to his allotment, I use for the weekly supermarket shopping when the Mrs has taken the car to work.

Sixmile

Veteran
I toured in the summer time with the Croozer trailer. With the trailer, 2 kids and gear I estimated the weight would've been somewhere between 50 & 60kg. I had 2 occasions when climbing where the weight pulling on the skewer meant that it dislodged from the frame. First time I hit the deck, second time was grand. Uphills certainly are a challenge but I found more issues with pulling the width. It all depends on where and how far you plan to tour. If you're sticking to main roads then it'll be grand. Greenways and towpaths often have the pinch points that require slowly negotiating the trailer through or complete detaching and lifting over. But yes, I wouldn't use it with a quick release skewer!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I have a Cannondale Bugger clone, two wheeled , quite light, a very good trailer, just keep loads evenly distibuted and watch how much weight is bearing on the tongue of the trailer, especially where the trailer attaches to the rear of the bike frame. Mine attaches to the seatpost, as I find it more stable than my other two wheeled trailer that attaches to the rear stays. That one requires much more care in balancing the load.

OP
OP
JBTinEU17

JBTinEU17

Regular
Hello to Gravity Aided, Sixmile and also RobinS,

Thank you very much for sharing your personal experience & short story
here with me. I've learned some valuable reference info from you, Just
thanks again... : D

Top Bottom